• Chicago, IL
Votes |
New Member Question: Currently Living in Chicago, IL

Christopher John McCarthy
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Feb 27 2021, 20:35

Hello everyone!

My name is Chris McCarthy.

I'm writing this post to introduce myself and start getting involved in this awesome community! My goal for joining this forum is to learn from the best and network. 

I just turned 26 this month, currently own zero properties, but I want to buy a 2-4 unit building this year, that can meet the 1% rule, and house hacks in it while I work full-time.

I was born and raised in Michigan (Novi area), studied SupplyChain Management at MSU and I moved to Chicago two years ago to work as a Buyer for a manufacturing company (now working remotely). I have aspirations of becoming financially free by 30 and pursuing real estate full-time by then. 

Since I'm pretty flexible with location, I'm thinking about moving away from Chicago, once my lease ends in August, to an area with better potential upside for appreciation, and honestly, I just don't think Chicago is "it" for me long-term (friends and family don't live here).

Possible cities moving to next: 

Denver, CO (parents just retired and moved here this year)

Colorado Springs, CO

Phoenix AZ (two of my best friends moved here after college)

Austin, TX

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm feeling a bit uncertain right now about my next move. Do I stay in Chicago with better cash flow and just bite the bullet since I know this area by now?

Thanks,

CM

Loading replies...