Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
New Member Introductions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Gabriel Sánchez
Pro Member
Votes |
NEW TO BP , LOOKING FOR MENTORSHIP

Gabriel Sánchez
Pro Member
Posted Jun 5 2022, 12:38

Hi!, 

My name is Gabriel , I am an international college student currently living in Takoma Park, MD. I am new in this real estate world and I am more than excited to start my journey, I want to make a career out of this. My short-term goal here is to start off my REI path the best way possible and find the right guidance and mentorship. My long-term goal (hopefully not too long) is to buy my first rental property and start my own Real Estate business.

I love sports, playing soccer, spending time with my family and friends, and now getting myself into this investing world.

If anybody is around this area or DC just let me know.

I am beyond excited and ready for whatever comes. Thank you all! 

User Stats

Votes
Jack Seiden
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington DC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington DC
Replied Jun 5 2022, 17:26
Quote from @Gabriel Sánchez:

Hi!, 

My name is Gabriel , I am an international college student currently living in Takoma Park, MD. I am new in this real estate world and I am more than excited to start my journey, I want to make a career out of this. My short-term goal here is to start off my REI path the best way possible and find the right guidance and mentorship. My long-term goal (hopefully not too long) is to buy my first rental property and start my own Real Estate business.

I love sports, playing soccer, spending time with my family and friends, and now getting myself into this investing world.

If anybody is around this area or DC just let me know.

I am beyond excited and ready for whatever comes. Thank you 

I’m in the dc area, reach out if you need anything or want to grab a beer or something!

• Real Estate Agent Virginia (#0225260957), District of Columbia (#Sp40001090), and Maryland (#667710)

• Samson Properties
Samson Properties  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Shafi Noss
  • Washington, D.C.
Votes |
  • Washington, D.C.
Replied Jun 5 2022, 17:48

I do some lending and developing in different areas, but live in the DMV. Would be good to get out and meet people again. Happy to connect with either of you. 

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Justin Windham
Pro Member
  • Solo 401k provider
  • Denver & Hilton Head
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Solo 401k provider
  • Denver & Hilton Head
Replied Jun 6 2022, 05:07

@Gabriel Sánchez

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

Make sure you check out all that this site has to offer.

The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. For example, if you are looking to connect with other members near you, want to learn from people in a specific area you’d like to invest in, or have a desire to find people interested in certain topics, you could use the search feature here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

User Stats

Votes
Wale Lawal
Agent
#1 House Hacking Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Votes |
Agent
#1 House Hacking Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Replied Jun 6 2022, 08:05

That's really cool Gab, Welcome to BiggerPockets, you are definitely in the right place.  feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help each other grow.

Goodluck!

User Stats

Votes
Joaquin Camarasa
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Springfield VA
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Springfield VA
Replied Jun 6 2022, 08:44

Hey Gabriel, 

I came to the country in an international exchange as well. The main obstacle you are going to have to overcome is that you can't purchase property with a student visa. However, I do know there are other types of visas you can purchase property with some examples are h1b or J1 or diplomatic visas. I bought my first property when I had a H1b visa and had clients that purchases with the other two. Feel free to reach out and I will try to give you more info. 

Un saludo!

Camarasa Realtor Logo

User Stats

Votes
Gabriel Sánchez
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 6 2022, 22:01
Quote from @Joaquin Camarasa:

Hey Gabriel, 

I came to the country in an international exchange as well. The main obstacle you are going to have to overcome is that you can't purchase property with a student visa. However, I do know there are other types of visas you can purchase property with some examples are h1b or J1 or diplomatic visas. I bought my first property when I had a H1b visa and had clients that purchases with the other two. Feel free to reach out and I will try to give you more info. 

Un saludo!

Joaquin! Thank you for the information. I would definitely like to keep in touch with you. Gracias mi hermano! 

User Stats

Votes
Gabriel Sánchez
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 6 2022, 22:03
Quote from @Wale Lawal:

That's really cool Gab, Welcome to BiggerPockets, you are definitely in the right place.  feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help each other grow.

Goodluck!

Thank you ! Cant wait to keep growing and contribute as well