Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
New Member Introductions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Josh Garcia
Votes |
Hello Everyone! My first post! Live and Invest in DTLA

Josh Garcia
Posted Jun 9 2022, 12:55

Hey guys,

I join Bigger Pockets in 2020 but never posted and didn't utilize the network here. I'd like to change that. This is my first post and I'm looking to connect with other investors in LA County, the rest of the states, and internationally.

I acquired two properties in the last year and have become addicted to investing. I'm ready to get more but am moving forward cautiously at the same time.

One issue I'm having is that my books are a mess. Well maybe I'm being a bit dramatic... I just need to do a deep dive and compile and categorize all my expenses for all my project... but yea, just thinking of it stresses me out.

I wanted to see if anyone could refer me to an experienced real estate CPA. Someone I can really rely on. I don't mind paying a higher rate for someone that's worth it.

I want to find someone who I can strategize with on gaining the most tax savings and set up my legal entities appropriately the first time. Real Estate isn't my only business. I've gone through many tax accountants (some good some really bad), and now things are getting much more complicated so I'd really like to work with a CPA. 

Apologize for the long first post! Definitely looking forward to chatting with you all.

Thanks,

Josh

User Stats

Votes
Scott Trench
Pro Member
  • President of BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • President of BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Replied Jun 10 2022, 15:06

Welcome to BiggerPockets, @Josh Garcia! I'm glad you decided to join and take advantage of the forums! 

I think that you should try the search function and reach out to some of the CPAs who are on the site. For example, I tried this search: 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

And I found @John Woodrich and @Ashish Acharya, both of whom seem like they may be folks you could reach out to. I have not worked with either of them, but it seems like they have offered their advice on these forums over 1,000 times each, so that might be a good place to start!

User Stats

Votes
Josh Garcia
Votes |
Replied Jun 10 2022, 15:11
Dope, thanks for the tip! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Much appreciated!
BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Robert Reynolds
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Jun 10 2022, 18:11

Welcome to the BP community. This place is a gold mine of knowledge and I always get the best advice here. 

Robert Reynolds

The David Greene Team Logo