• New to Real Estate
  • Savannah, GA
Votes |
Aspiring investor searching for first deal, near Savannah GA

Isaiah Backiel
  • New to Real Estate
  • Savannah, GA
Posted Sep 12 2022, 08:43

Hey everyone! I am an aspiring investor, near the end of my enlistment in the army, stationed here at Fort Stewart. I have come across, what seems to me, a great opportunity for one or more single family homes, all owned by a single investor who is looking to sell due to a lack of time/"getting old." I spoke to the owner over the phone, who is selling privately and not putting the property on the market. The owner mentioned having a few other properties they are renovating to get ready to sell. I see this as a great opportunity to get into the investing world, and would like to try to work out a deal with her and not go through a realtor, to save us both money. I was thinking seller financing, at a discounted price, and the current owner would continue to receive a percentage of the income from the properties for a period of time while I owned them. I have little money to put down, so I am trying to be creative with financing. This would be my first deal, and to me, the education and experience of going through the process is worth far more to me than the monthly income from the property. I would be happy with a profit of $50/mo, just for the experience gained from the deal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Loading replies...