New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Alex Gonzalez
Votes |
First investment in westchester

Alex Gonzalez
Posted Feb 29 2024, 13:39

Hello everyone, me and my wife are be looking houses for flip in the last 3 months and is being challenging finding deals any advice for new investors like us 

User Stats

Votes
Joe Jor
  • Westchester, NY
Votes |
  • Westchester, NY
Replied Mar 1 2024, 03:04

Not to sound like a jerk, but it may depend on what you define as "a deal."

Westchester is an expensive market.  For me, I accept not having positive cashflow for a few years.  I also have many time constraints and thus can't do/manage massive rehabs.  That is me, everyone is different.

Joe

User Stats

Votes
Mohammed Rahman
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Replied Mar 5 2024, 14:17

Hey @Alex Gonzalez - have you already attended a local meetup or two? That would help you brush shoulders with wholesalers and other investors that will have offmarket inventory that might work.

To the other person's point that posted as well, what's a "deal" to you. If a deal to you is unrealistic profit amount, then this market might not be the best fit for you. 

It's all based on the individual investor's deal criteria. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Alex Gonzalez
Votes |
Replied Mar 6 2024, 14:27
Quote from @Mohammed Rahman:

Hey @Alex Gonzalez - have you already attended a local meetup or two? That would help you brush shoulders with wholesalers and other investors that will have offmarket inventory that might work.

To the other person's point that posted as well, what's a "deal" to you. If a deal to you is unrealistic profit amount, then this market might not be the best fit for you. 

Hey  By deal I mean properties with good value, 

User Stats

Votes
Alex Gonzalez
Votes |
Replied Mar 6 2024, 14:32

We are having hard time to find properties within a decent price anf our realtor sent us mostly houses that are in Zillow and other similar apps, any idea if there is other source to find possible flips??

User Stats

Votes
Alex Gonzalez
Votes |
Replied Mar 6 2024, 14:34
Quote from @Joe Jor:

Not to sound like a jerk, but it may depend on what you define as "a deal."

Westchester is an expensive market.  For me, I accept not having positive cashflow for a few years.  I also have many time constraints and thus can't do/manage massive rehabs.  That is me, everyone is different.

Hey Joe by a deal I mean  properties with some future value. Every time we see a property posted in one of the apps ( Zillow,Redfin) when we tried to make an offer we were already late 

User Stats

Votes
Mohammed Rahman
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Replied Mar 6 2024, 19:50
Quote from @Alex Gonzalez:

We are having hard time to find properties within a decent price anf our realtor sent us mostly houses that are in Zillow and other similar apps, any idea if there is other source to find possible flips??

Haha that's the $1B question almost every real estate investor asks... if there was a secret website like Zillow for investors then it wouldn't make much sense since every investors would be able to access it and bid up the prices.