Memphian looking to link up with fellow wholesale investors, buyers and sellers.... From All Over.

17 Replies

Good Afternoon all,

My name is Wade and I live in Memphis,Tn. I'm a newbie to the wholesale side of Real Estate and I'm ready to dive deep into the marathon. I have tried years ago to get into the arena of REI but, as a young guy you tend to let the negatives slow your progress. I'm ready to take Memphis and surrounding areas by storm. Well it's time to get started and focus on making a success story.

Thank you and looking forward to speaking with you all

@Wade Evans III  

Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 70 past ones to catch up on.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Couple good reads

You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul

Promotion
Avail
Landlording made easy.
Best-in-Class Platform for DIY Landlords
List unlimited units, screen tenants, draft and sign leases, and collect rent—all free.
Use Avail—Free!

"if you truly want to be successful you will become a member of MIG and attend every month."

You are such a comedian sometimes Curt.........

Well I have never attended a single meeting and I have done hundreds of deals in Memphis. Joining MIG, or any organisation won't make anybody "really successful".

But I know you know that already :-)

dean, I agree but you were only doing deals by bringing buyers, you were using turnkey companies for their whole service. I don't know if you can call that wholesaling as opposed to affiliate marketing.  For a new local guy to be successful he will need to make many contacts. You had an advantage bc you used sources from our old relationships to get your now business going and it has worked.  

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. Joining any organisation won't make you successful. Going to macdonalds doesn't make you a cheeseburger. Living in a  garage doesn't make you a car.

Which is why your post was so funny as it was so not true.

Getting educated and taking action will make one successful. MIG may or may not assist with that.

Good morning Everyone... I appreciate the responses to my post and Curt and Dean I too can appreciate your passion. I will take a look at MIG Curt and see what it has to offer. I appreciate the invite. Dean I will be In contact with you for some business connects and hopefully we can get some deals done. Melodee I appreciate you reaching out to me. I would love to work with you and hope we can build a great business/friendship. Happy huntings to you all....

Promotion
Sundae
Property Marketplace
Find Professionally Vetted Properties from Motivated Sellers
Eliminate the need to hunt for houses again. We bring your next investment opportunity to you.
Originally posted by @Wade Evans III:

Good Afternoon all,

My name is Wade and I live in Memphis,Tn. I'm a newbie to the wholesale side of Real Estate and I'm ready to dive deep into the marathon. I have tried years ago to get into the arena of REI but, as a young guy you tend to let the negatives slow your progress. I'm ready to take Memphis and surrounding areas by storm. Well it's time to get started and focus on making a success story.

Thank you and looking forward to speaking with you all

Welcome Wade,

All the best with you ventures moving forward.

Have a great day.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you