• Commercial Real Estate Broker
  • Honolulu, HI
Votes |
New to BP from Hawaii!

Christina Dwight
  • Honolulu, HI
Posted Apr 1 2015, 23:13

Well, I'm new to BP, but not to multifamily investing. Even after almost 15 years of experience, I'm always interested in learning new things, and I take it seriously because I believe that we are either growing or withering, that there is no stasis. So I'm here to help and be helped, and I'd love to connect with professionals and newbies alike! This isn't just my job, it's my passion. 

User Stats

Votes
Joel Owens
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
ModeratorReplied Apr 1 2015, 23:30

Glad to see you here Christina.

I am principal broker and investor myself as well with emphasis on large multifamily and retail.

User Stats

Votes
Janie Suarez
  • Grand Island, NE
Votes |
  • Grand Island, NE
Replied Apr 1 2015, 23:40

A big welcome to you!!!!!!! This is a great site to learn. Please let me know if I can help you with anything.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Michael Borger
Pro Member
  • Rehabber
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rehabber
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Apr 2 2015, 04:06

Welcome to BP, @Christina Dwight. I love the Hawaii market. Right now I just flip residential property there and here in CA (moved here to San Diego in the fall but keep my Honolulu-based business running), but I entertain a commercial property from time to time. I don't do too much multi-family, though I am midway through renovations on a duplex flip near Chaminade that will hit the market mid-April. 

User Stats

Votes
Denise Dresbach
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Morro Bay CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Morro Bay CA
Replied Apr 2 2015, 08:06

Welcome Christina!

User Stats

Votes
Charles Meredith
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Pahoa, HI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Pahoa, HI
Replied Apr 2 2015, 09:16

aloha, Big Island resident looking for investors for wholesale deals and flips. 

User Stats

Votes
Christina Dwight
  • Honolulu, HI
Votes |
  • Honolulu, HI
Replied Apr 2 2015, 11:17

What a wonderful welcome! Thanks for the greeting, everyone. 

I specialize in multifamily though I have a background in retail and industrial leasing and residential sales. There are so many factors that make Oahu's apartment building sector challenging that after years of owning and managing my own buildings, I decided to concentrate all my energies on the multifamily asset. 

I've got some interesting listings coming up that have boarding rooms in the metro area of Honolulu. Though we are still trying to figure out the cap rate, the returns are phenomenal!

And I have a hollow tile building with 10 one-bedrooms between Waikiki and Manoa listed at a 4.7% cap on actual income with room for higher rents.

@MichaelBorger, I'd be happy to chat with you about listing that duplex. Let me know when your'e free for a coffee.

@CharlesMeredith, there is a biggie in Hilo I can send you info on if you haven't already heard about it. 

A quick email to [email protected], and I can get you the details financials on my on- and off-market listings. 

User Stats

Votes
Joel Owens
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
ModeratorReplied Apr 3 2015, 19:00

Christina you might want to look into the Pro and Plus accounts so you can list your inventory in the marketplace section.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forumrules.html

Make sure and read the Bigger Pockets rules to know how the site works.

User Stats

Votes
Christina Dwight
  • Honolulu, HI
Votes |
  • Honolulu, HI
Replied Apr 6 2015, 13:14

Thanks, @joelowens. I will certainly take a look at that.