Greetings from Dubai

15 Replies

hi everyone,

My name's Chris and I'm an English guy living in Dubai. I have property in Dubai (UAE), London, Ireland (which is where my wife is from) and the US. Please get in touch if you have any questions about these places/markets, especially if you are in the UAE and would like to network.

Wish you all the best in your business 

regards, Chris 

Hey Chris!

Welcome to the forums! I am trying to organize meetups for the dubai based BP members. We are having the first meeting this weekend and you should join us if you can!

We will meet at Tribes restaurant in Mall of the Emirates on Friday at 6PM. Bring anyone you want that is prepared to talk real estate!

Hope to see you there. And if you cant make it, rest assured that there will be many other opportunities soon.

Hope to see you there!

-Morgan

Hey Chris 

I am from Ireland and new to bigger pockets. I was just wondering how you find investing in Ireland compared to other markets? I understand the taxes are higher in Ireland on rental income and would you recommend investing in Ireland?

Regards Colm :)

hello @Harry George ,

Had a meeting there about a week ago. And you are more than welcome to join our next session. Make sure you put Dubai as a keyword on your profile so you get notified when i post. 

I’m also happy to meet you in person like I often do with many investors in Dubai. Most people I know invest in USA and that also includes myself. 

Send me a private message and I’ll give you my contact details

Greetings everyone,

I'm fairly new to BP & currently located in Kuwait. Recently I was offered to partner on a new development deal in Dubai. @Morgan Nilsen I'd love to be able to sit in on a meeting or two and see what I can learn about the market there in Dubai and to also to get tips on investing back in the US from abroad. 

Are you all planning a meet in the near future?

hello @Kevin Parsley

I’d love to meet with you but it must wait until September as I’ve recently traveled to Norway for the summer. I fly back to Dubai on the 26th of August. 

I’m happy to speak with you before then on skype or chatting on WhatsApp, but as I’m traveling with my daughter, I have limited availability.

I’m thrilled to hear you wish to discuss this topic with you and look forward to sharing my knowledge with you 

Wonderful post, thanks for sharing!

You reminded me of the time I spent in Dubai. 2 years ago I decided to try my luck in this country. Posted a resume on one of the local resources (I think that's it). Soon I received a few feedbacks and started processing the documents. After 3 months, I have already trained as a bartender in a prestigious hotel. Yes, there is not a very pleasant local population. Yes, I was not easy, but in the end I got experience in one of the richest countries in the world and after 2 years of hard work, I brought a lot of money home. It is difficult here but worth it

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you