19 Year Old, started my real estate wholesaling business!

9 Replies

Hello BP! 

My name is Natalia Latsios. I am from the Philadelphia, PA region. I have started my real estate investment company called Janelle Investments. Currently, we have an agent we work with and are focusing on Montgomery County, PA. Our first contract just went through however I am still looking for a cash buyer. I am on this site to learn as much as possible about the business I am in. Working with my mentor and an education program has opened my eyes to many opportunities. 
If you want to connect, please reach out to me! Being the diligent person I am, for an investor to have me on their team I will work day and night to find great deals! 
Thanks,

Natalia Latsios

@Natalia Latsios

Welcome aboard the vibrant BP community. You already have some experience and with additional effort, will quickly climb the REI ladder to its pinnacle.

As a result of your interest in wholesaling I added a guide for your review.

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2015/01/31/ultimate-beginners-guide-real-estate-wholesaling-2/?utm_source=search&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=wholesaleguide (step by step guide to wholesaling)

To be more successful, you simply have to work on the other elements to progress your REI pursuit. Below are some quick links to get engaged on this site.

REI books suggested by BPers

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/04/14/best-real-estate-books/?utm_source=search&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=books

Simply, bone up on the areas that you need to expand knowledge in such as, Forums, Marketplace, Learn, Network, Analyze and Resources.

Feast on the Podcasts, #askbp Podcasts, blogs and webinars

Lastly, this site thrives on interactions and as such we encourage two way exchanges and look forward to educational and thought provoking ideas relevant to REI.

@Natalia Latsios you are awesome to start at this early age!!! Consider buying a 3-4 flat as soon as you can where you can live in a unit and have the income from the other units pay for the entire building. This property will be your stepping stone to investing, as you'll learn about loans, tenant selection, managing a property, tax savings, construction, etc. 

Good luck to you and keep us informed of what you get done! :)

Originally posted by @Lumi Ispas :

@Natalia Latsios you are awesome to start at this early age!!! Consider buying a 3-4 flat as soon as you can where you can live in a unit and have the income from the other units pay for the entire building. This property will be your stepping stone to investing, as you'll learn about loans, tenant selection, managing a property, tax savings, construction, etc. 

Good luck to you and keep us informed of what you get done! :)

Thank you! Great advice. Currently, we are focusing on wholesaling just to get our foot in the real estate door, but soon I would like to expand to buy and holds. It is more a matter of finding an investor that can back us. 

@Natalia Latsios find a RE broker in your area that is an investor. Flips are great, however one mistake in ARV, and you are out of business for a long time if you don't' have reserves. Mistakes in buy and hold are forgiving as time fixes everything, and when you buy with almost no money down, seller payed closing costs and a unit to live for free, I don't see any possible mistake there at all. :) Living for free will really get you a foot in the door and will prepare for those flips. :)

Consider what you know and what you don't know about the business and find a veteran to show you the ropes!

@Natalia Latsios

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. It's great to have members who jumped in early age. You have can do great with deals. If you bobble a little hear and there you have time to regroup and recover.

If you have time consider spending 30 minutes for 30 consecutive days on Bigger Pockets. You will receive an Addict award along with a habit; as well as learning and retaining useful real estate information without struggling. 

We are considered to be the average of the 5 people we spend the most time with so connect with REIA meetings, accountability partners, and mastermind groups to engage with individuals interested in real estate investing.

The more you interact on Bigger Pockets the more real estate investing information you will ingest; consequently you will become more knowledgeable and comfortable with investing; therefore becoming more likely to be extremely successful.

Set short and long-term goals. Do something each day towards obtaining your goals; even if it's only for 10 minutes. Stay focused. Spend time with successful individuals. Successful meaning achieving goals. Spend time with individuals who see the good in most things. Stay positive it will draw positive individuals and situations to you.

At the bottom of this page is a list with help in it. Click on help. You will see answers to questions that you didn't even think of.

Looking forward to sharing insights with you in the forums.

Enjoy as you prosper.....

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you