Software engineer from CA

7 Replies

Hi, my name is Gina Cresse and I live in Acton, CA. I'm interested in getting back into real estate--I developed a couple of properties back in 2002-2004, then got my real estate license and tried that until the market crashed in 2007-2008. I've worked as a software engineer since 1984 (except for the short time I tried making it in real estate). I am looking to get back into real estate investing because I really want to retire early. I thought about getting my license again but not sure how that would work along side my full time job. I used my self-directed IRA to purchase a rental property near Memphis a couple years ago and I have been very happy with the results. I am doing this all on my own and I want to be smarter this time so I can find success. Unfortunately, I have no cash and I can't touch my 401k ( unless I quit or get fired) without penalties. Just trying to get educated. Thanks!

Gina Cresse welcome to BP. I'm in the middle of building a home for my family and I in Acton. We absolutely love it up there! We bought 10 acres off of Crown Valley north of the freeway and we are developing the property into a 4 bed 2 bath SFR as our primary residence.

Hi, @Gina Cresse .

Welcome to BP!

Be sure to check out the blogs and podcasts as well as the forums. You can learn a ton from the real estate experts on the site, though it sounds like you already know lot yourself!

Best of luck to you!

Welcome, Gina. I'm a memphian myself. Been in the REI game here for 15+ years now. What part of town is your rental? Got a solid management company in place I take it?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you