Home Holding Heather in Houston Here

15 Replies

Hi, Fellow Investors~~

My name is Heather Roy and have been investing in real estate since 2013. My husband and I currently have 2 rental properties and are in the process of purchasing a duplex. We have really started to focus on real estate in 2015 (we both have day jobs). Bigger Pockets has been truly motivating and has made us set goals to achieve with our buy and holds!  We are interested in Fixer uppers, Single Family, and Multifamily... I do find myself getting distracted by all of the RE investing strategies, but my husband reels me back into our long terms goal of steady passive income to support our family. I enjoy reading all of the blogs, forums, and listening to the podcast on BP.  I'm love hearing/learning about strategies, creative financing, partnership deals and their structures, buy/hold success's, and flips.  Would love to connect with other investors and gain/share knowledge.

Here's to Successful Investing,

Heather

Welcome to BP @Heather Roy ! It's good to hear of your previous success in starting your real estate holdings. My husband and I have a couple of SFH rentals and are currently working on a flip project in New Caney. Best of luck in your future deals and would love to connect.

@Heather Roy congrats on taking action. I noticed your thread title...when you start a website how bout HHHhomes.com? If it is available and you like that idea grab it while available. That might be a memorable name...just a thought!

@Nicole Garner nice to meet you virtually.  A flip must be exciting!  We have done some big rehabs, but haven't flipped any yet. We are in Tomball, and have rentals in the Greater Houston area. Best of luck on you flip!

Originally posted by @Candice Gold :

@Heather Roy, we are in Tomball as well. I'm currently getting my agents license, I'd love to meet up and just chat. Always nice to know someone close to you who shares your same passion.

I agree, we can hook up for coffee in New Year. Very kool that your getting your agnets license.

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

I am from Ohio and started with 1 duplex in 2007 and am now up to 34 units. I love it! Good luck to you and your husband.

Thank you Wayne! That is inspiring :) We are soaking in all this information on RE Investing, being a landlord, and loving it too.  So motivated to build our portfolio sooner than later.

Originally posted by @Heather Roy :
Originally posted by @Wayne Newland:

I am from Ohio and started with 1 duplex in 2007 and am now up to 34 units. I love it! Good luck to you and your husband.

Thank you Wayne! That is inspiring :) We are soaking in all this information on RE Investing, being a landlord, and loving it too.  So motivated to build our portfolio sooner than later.

Time will become your most valuable asset. I would have started when I was 18 if I knew then what I know now. Keep on growing your portfolio!

Originally posted by @Heather Roy :

Hi, Fellow Investors~~

My name is Heather Roy and have been investing in real estate since 2013. My husband and I currently have 2 rental properties and are in the process of purchasing a duplex. We have really started to focus on real estate in 2015 (we both have day jobs). Bigger Pockets has been truly motivating and has made us set goals to achieve with our buy and holds!  We are interested in Fixer uppers, Single Family, and Multifamily... I do find myself getting distracted by all of the RE investing strategies, but my husband reels me back into our long terms goal of steady passive income to support our family. I enjoy reading all of the blogs, forums, and listening to the podcast on BP.  I'm love hearing/learning about strategies, creative financing, partnership deals and their structures, buy/hold success's, and flips.  Would love to connect with other investors

Hello @heather Roy,
I have moved from Oregon 4 years ago to The Woodlands. I have done about 12 rehabs in the last 10 years. My wife is a designer and my father-in-law is a General Contractor who does our rehabs. We would love to partner with you. I am doing a rehab for a 6 plex for myself right now. We are also doing a 4 week flip with a partner where we split 50/50.

Marat

Originally posted by @Marat Nizberg :
Originally posted by @Heather Roy:

@Marat Nizberg we are always open  to new opportunities in RE investments.  My husband is also a GC. We would be interested in partnering on some Deals. PM me w some more info. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you