Rookie from Fort Walton Beach, FL

7 Replies

Hello everyone! My name is Chris. I'm originally from Georgia but currently reside in (usually) sunny Florida. I am a medic by trade. I am looking to get my feet wet now and build something for retirement. 

I was a lurker here on these forums for a bit but have now surfaced. I have read a bit about many aspects of investing. I have settled on starting with wholesaling. Once I'm comfortable there I will venture further on. 

I just wanted to pop in and give a friendly hello. I look forward to the advice and wisdom from the vets around here when I make mistakes! Every moment  is a teachable moment! See you all around!

Chris

P.S. I'm on my tablet at the moment. Profile pic will follow soon!

@Chris Wright Welcome to BP! It's an awesome place to network and learn.

My husband and I are local investors just getting started in real estate investing. We are always looking for rental properties so definitely let us know :).

If you haven't already, check out the local REIA, Professional Investors Guild. We meet every third Thursday of the month, 7pm at the Emerald Coast Convention Center. Next meeting is January 21st

Thank you for the welcome! I will definitely let you know what I come across! I haven't been to a P.I.G. meeting yet but I plan to attend the upcoming one in Fort Walton. I hope we get a chance to help each other out!

@Chris Wright

Hey bud and welcome to the area. I'm a local wholesaler here and I'm always looking to network with other like minded investors. As  @Arianne L.  said we would love to see you at the PIG group meetings. My partner @Mike Flowers and I help Matt run the FWB group. If you have any questions at all please feel free to get my info from my profile page and call or text me. 

Thanks

@JPaul Mills

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, I appreciate it very much. I have been keeping up a little with the PIG meetings. I am relieved there is one closer by than Pensacola so I don't have to rush after work! I look forward to attending and meeting some folks.  Thank you for the offer to answer my questions, I won't

@JPaul Mills

I was looking at your profile and do not see where your email is located. Am I missing something or do we have to be colleagues?

@Arianne L.

I was also looking at how to direct mail you because I had a few questions for you pertaining to what you are looking for. I wanted to show you an example to see if you were interested in those types. Do we also have to be colleagues?

Sorry, still new at this.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you