I like houses, CrossFit, and sunsets. From Seattle & Skagit.

15 Replies

Hello Bigger Pockets! I feel very fortunate to stumble upon this community, and I can't believe I didn't join sooner. I grew up with real estate investor parents who own many successful 4-plexes and single family home rentals. Property management is my dad's full time business in Mount Vernon, WA.

I work commercial construction project management in Seattle. I graduated with a degree in construction management from the University of Washington, and I actually use my degree every day.

I am a health and fitness nut and I love CrossFit, met my boyfriend at CrossFit, and coach part time. My goal in life is to make health and wellness accessible and easy for all people. We want to open a community gym and influence people to know that optimal health is achievable and an easy habit to development.

I just have to mention that I love sunsets and I'll go out of my way to watch the nightly show. My favorite viewing spot is Sunset Park in Ballard. My dream is to own a house that has panoramic views of the Puget Sound, Olympic Mountains, and continuous sunsets.

I bought my first single family rental in October 2015 (in Mount Vernon, WA) and I am eager to increase my portfolio of rental homes. In the meantime, I would love to do fix and flip deals, as it mimics my construction management day job.

I am excited to learn and grow, as real estate investing is in my genes, and it's great to have this wonderful community to prosper with. I look forward to helping others and I want to thank you in advance for your advice, suggestions, and the great content on this website.

Julie,

Too many similarities not to post. I love Crossfit and invest mostly in Skagit and Snohomish county. I have a multifamily in Mount Vernon. Right now I'm in the middle if a flip in Bellingham. Sounds like you have some great experience to draw from with your parents.

Occasionally I come across deals bigger than me. When I do ill try to find you to see if your interested.

Good luck to you. Jason Graham

@Jason Graham Hi Jason! Lots of similarities, and I have to mention CrossFit and not get too serious with all these "deals" and such, haha, I really love the Mount Vernon market since my family has established a great network of resources. I would definitely be interested in connecting in the future. Thanks!

Welcome to BP Julie!  I've been a full time kettlebell coach/movement coach out of Bellevue for the past 8 years, and even though I don't do crossfit myself, the gym in Bellevue that I work out of owns a box.  You guys might've even competed against them locally.  

Real Estate wise, my wife and I own a rental property in Seattle, and just started fix and flipping houses this past Fall.  I also just started to dip my foot into wholesaling as well.  Feel free to reach out if you want to chat about either flipping around the Seattle area or fitness!

Hi Julie, Jason and Min!

It almost makes you question if the drive is similar in CrossFit as it is in real estate.  They both can take intense amounts of effort but have the type of pay offs that make you coming back for more! Addicting to say the least.

Welcome to BP and best of luck with your big deals!

Julie, welcome to BP!  I loved your intro title, rather than the typical "New member from Seattle" that all blend together.

I am also a UW grad and a wellness and fitness enthusiastic.  I'd have a lot more time in my day if I didn't devote so much time to exercise, but I am determined to not need or have any more surgeries, hopefully ever.

It intrigues me how you were raised with investing parents and followed in their footsteps.  I can see my son taking it up, in a better neighborhood class, but right now the kids fight over who has to deal with our low income rentals if anything happens to us, LOL!

@Wes Blaney and without CrossFit, I don't think I would be sane enough to get through the rest of my day. The drive definitely spreads to all parts of my life. And all the best to you. It sounds like you have some great skills!

@Michele Fischer I didn't show much interest in my parent's business until recently, but am definitely thankful for their advice. I'm glad you are showing your kids some good investing. And I really do connect with people also into health and fitness, it is just such a big party of who I am, and I'm just trying to infuse some other fun to these forums. 

Originally posted by @Julie Marquez :

Hello Bigger Pockets! I feel very fortunate to stumble upon this community, and I can't believe I didn't join sooner. I grew up with real estate investor parents who own many successful 4-plexes and single family home rentals. Property management is my dad's full time business in Mount Vernon, WA.

I work commercial construction project management in Seattle. I graduated with a degree in construction management from the University of Washington, and I actually use my degree every day.

I am a health and fitness nut and I love CrossFit, met my boyfriend at CrossFit, and coach part time. My goal in life is to make health and wellness accessible and easy for all people. We want to open a community gym and influence people to know that optimal health is achievable and an easy habit to development.

I just have to mention that I love sunsets and I'll go out of my way to watch the nightly show. My favorite viewing spot is Sunset Park in Ballard. My dream is to own a house that has panoramic views of the Puget Sound, Olympic Mountains, and continuous sunsets.

I bought my first single family rental in October 2015 (in Mount Vernon, WA) and I am eager to increase my portfolio of rental homes. In the meantime, I would love to do fix and flip deals, as it mimics my construction management day job.

I am excited to learn and grow, as real estate investing is in my genes, and it's great to have this wonderful community to prosper with. I look forward to helping others and I want to thank you in advance for your advice, suggestions, and the great content on this website.

I took the same construction management program at UW and it was a great program. Every professor was all the head construction bosses around town and so I felt they absolutely knew what they were talking about.

I have incorporated many of the things taught from UW into our flipping business and the goal has been do the rehab in 30-days. 

Welcome to BP, Julie Rossman. I love the way you segued your personal narrative into your RE background. It's not very often that members share their true passion for life, i.e. the driving force behind their work. I am certain you will find this community beautifully complements your experience and education. Best wishes in 2016 and beyond!

@Lawrence Robinson Thank you! Real estate is a big part of my life, more than an idea of how to get rich quick. I think this is a great industry and glad to meet great people!

Welcome to BP. I am unloading some buildings in Snohomish County and have interest in investing in Skagit County. It's fun to read all the local common interests on this thread. 

Welcome to BP! I moved to Seattle in 2014 and picked up my first flipping deal last month. I am also looking for rental properties in Snohomish and Skagit counties. 

Interestingly I am also looking to start CrossFit soon. 

Feel free to connect anytime. 

@Michael Jiang If you are going to CrossFit in Bellevue, I suggest NWCF Bellevue, where I used to go for years, it's a great community. And CrossFit Bellevue in the south part is pretty legit too.

How's your first flip deal going? How did you acquire it?

Rentals in Skagit in Snohomish are great right now! And I just love the Skagit area anyways.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here