New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Julie Marquez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Skagit County, WA
Votes |
I like houses, CrossFit, and sunsets. From Seattle & Skagit.

Julie Marquez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Skagit County, WA
Posted Jan 15 2016, 18:42

Hello Bigger Pockets! I feel very fortunate to stumble upon this community, and I can't believe I didn't join sooner. I grew up with real estate investor parents who own many successful 4-plexes and single family home rentals. Property management is my dad's full time business in Mount Vernon, WA.

I work commercial construction project management in Seattle. I graduated with a degree in construction management from the University of Washington, and I actually use my degree every day.

I am a health and fitness nut and I love CrossFit, met my boyfriend at CrossFit, and coach part time. My goal in life is to make health and wellness accessible and easy for all people. We want to open a community gym and influence people to know that optimal health is achievable and an easy habit to development.

I just have to mention that I love sunsets and I'll go out of my way to watch the nightly show. My favorite viewing spot is Sunset Park in Ballard. My dream is to own a house that has panoramic views of the Puget Sound, Olympic Mountains, and continuous sunsets.

I bought my first single family rental in October 2015 (in Mount Vernon, WA) and I am eager to increase my portfolio of rental homes. In the meantime, I would love to do fix and flip deals, as it mimics my construction management day job.

I am excited to learn and grow, as real estate investing is in my genes, and it's great to have this wonderful community to prosper with. I look forward to helping others and I want to thank you in advance for your advice, suggestions, and the great content on this website.

Loading replies...