• Investor
  • Lockport, IL
Votes |
Southwest suburbs investor of Chicago

Joe Brannigan
  • Investor
  • Lockport, IL
Posted Jan 31 2016, 03:20

greetings fellow investors, I am looking for an ability to "mentally retire" over the next 5 years w RE investing.  I have been investing and managing single family rehab holds for 22 yrs and want to ramp up.  I am a husband, father, chiropractor, re investor, rehabber and most recently a flipper- 2015/16.  I am looking for help w refi of investment properties where I do not show much W2 income. All leads of viable quality companies is appreciated.  I found Bp through youtube interview of Grant Cardone- $350M investor that I met through a Chiro seminar I went to- Totally inspirational!

User Stats

Votes
Brie Schmidt
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Jan 31 2016, 08:17
Originally posted by @Joe Brannigan:

greetings fellow investors, I am looking for an ability to "mentally retire" over the next 5 years w RE investing.  I have been investing and managing single family rehab holds for 22 yrs and want to ramp up.  I am a husband, father, chiropractor, re investor, rehabber and most recently a flipper- 2015/16.  I am looking for help w refi of investment properties where I do not show much W2 income. All leads of viable quality companies is appreciated.  I found Bp through youtube interview of Grant Cardone- $350M investor that I met through a Chiro seminar I went to- Totally inspirational!

Welcome to BP! It sounds like your issue is DTI which will be the same with any bank that sells on the secondary market. You can try local credit unions who can be more flexible with lending guidelines, or look at commercial banks who don't take your personal income into consideration as long as the property meets their criteria

Second City Real Estate Logo

User Stats

Votes
Mark Creason
  • Real Estate Lender and Broker
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Lender and Broker
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jan 31 2016, 09:07
Originally posted by @Joe Brannigan:

Joe,

Are you a Sox fan. I grew up in Chicago, on the northwest side (Edison Park). On the commercial side, typically a lender is also going to want you to have reserves (6 to 9 months) depending on the LTV.

Mark

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Al Canaveral
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Feb 1 2016, 07:57

If you need an acquisition platform once you are ready to ramp up, I'd love to talk.  Good luck with the financing.