Residential Appraiser in the greater Buffalo NY area

Residential Appraiser in the greater Buffalo NY area

Appraiser · Grand Island, NY · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I have been a certified residential appraiser in the Buffalo NY region for over 10 years and overall have 15+ years experience in the industry.    From an investor standpoint I am taking the next steps by venturing into the Multifamily investing and flipping.  Currently I own a 1 unit condominium rental property and would like to multiply the success with that unit to build income on my road to self sustainability.  

0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

David NilesBusiness Member
Property Manager · DeLand FL · Member since 2012 · 860 posts · 243 votes
10y

@Randy Johnsonman are you in for a surprise if you come back to visit.  Buffalo has had more development / resurgence in the past 5 years then in my entire life living here.  Something we have never been able to say but I am proud to now,  Buffalo is booming.  Property demands and values are soaring all over the place,  granted many areas have a ways to go, but those are the deals you can still afford and get in early on to cash out.

Dave

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ann Arbor, MI · Member since 2008 · 90 posts · 20 votes
    10y

    Good luck Sebastian.  Being able to judge the value of a property well must be a huge advantage.  

  • Engineer · Chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 183 posts · 22 votes
    10y
    Hello Sebastian Tyski and welcome to BP!
  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    hello Sebastian 

    I'm in Las Vegas and new at investing. I was born in Buffalo. Buffalo is full of very low income housing and a bad economy to boot. Are you more gearing towards the suburbs?  Houses are cheap there but neighborhoods are bad in a lot of areas. I haven't been there in a while is there any signs of a boom going on? Are businesses moving back in Buffalo? 

  • Hamburg, NY · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Hello everyone!! I am very new to the REI area but I can say buffalo is experiencing a resurgence. There are still some areas of the city that are not good however some areas are growing exponentially. Some properties within the Elmwood corridor are fetching 500-600k. If more employment opportunities arise with the medical campus building and solar city then there is more potential for growth. I actually live in hamburg just south of buffalo and my opinion doesn't mean much but some of this growth has inspired me to look into REI.
  • David NilesBusiness Member
    Property Manager · DeLand FL · Member since 2012 · 860 posts · 243 votes
    10y

    @Randy Johnsonman are you in for a surprise if you come back to visit.  Buffalo has had more development / resurgence in the past 5 years then in my entire life living here.  Something we have never been able to say but I am proud to now,  Buffalo is booming.  Property demands and values are soaring all over the place,  granted many areas have a ways to go, but those are the deals you can still afford and get in early on to cash out.

    Dave

  • Columbia, MO · Member since 2013 · 46 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Sebastian Tyski!  Sounds like you've already got some experience in real estate.  You should have a great time here!

  • Appraiser · Grand Island, NY · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the words of welcome everyone. Yes the Buffalo area has some very interesting things going on. Its an exciting time.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.