Residential Broker/Investor from Salem, Mass

7 Replies

I live 30 minutes north of Boston in historic Salem, Ma (the original witch city). I am a full time real estate broker targeting the North Shore. My husband, his best friend and I have jumped head first into the flipping business and we are loving it. We have completed 2 projects and sold them both for over $50k in net profits. We are now working on our 3rd and have our 4th lined up right behind it. I'm looking for ways to to find more deals. While our 2016 goal is to start and finish 6 homes we do want to get to a point where we can have multiple projects at the same time and complete a total of 24 homes by 12/2017. I'm also looking for ways to start investing in some out of state rental properties.

Hi Cynthia, welcome to BP.

This is a great place to learn. Make sure to listen to all the BP podcasts, read the articles on the main blog and be active in these forums to learn a ton very quickly about any topic in real estate you want to know more about.

This is also a great place to meet people that can be assets to your business. Lots of great connections all over but we also have a very strong and active contingent here in MA on here so make sure to find them (Set up some keyword alerts to find out about local topics) and get connected.

Besides doing that on here make sure to get out to some of the many local investor events we have. There are a couple of meeting on the North Shore in Danvers and Peabody I believe. You can also check out the NEREIA in Chelmsford (That one is this Wed). A little farther away is my personal favorite the Black Diamond meeting in Waltham (Alternates every other month with their Worcester location but May is Waltham).

@Shaun Reilly thank you for the welcome.  I just scheduled the next Black Diamond meeting in Waltham.  I'm super excited!  I've also been listening to all the podcasts while I drive.  My kids are absolutely hating it but I'm loving it. :-)

@Cynthia Nina-Soto Welcome to Bigger Pockets and congratulations on the success that you've amassed in the first two flips.  Good luck on the third and fourth flips.  If there's anything I can help with, please don't hesitate to let me know.  I invest in rentals out of state (Minneapolis specifically).

Hey @Seth Williams  

Thank you for reaching out to me regarding this property. Currently my buyer pool is not looking for something like this, but I will be meeting with new buyers later this wee and will bring this to their attention. I love this area and I personally live about 5 minutes from there (Castle Hill area). Tons of new construction is set to start near the Boston St area this year. Let me know next time you have a showing, I would love to tag along and check it out.

Thank you again,

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you