• Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Texas Real Estate Investor - New Member

Michaela Church
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Jan 9 2017, 23:07

My name is Michaela Church, and I am a new real estate investor in the Dallas Fort Worth Area. I have worked on a few projects with friends and family, made pretty good money and now venturing out on my own.

• I am seeking rehabbers in the Dallas Area – PLEASE REFER
  • I am investor friendly real estate agents in the Dallas Area – PLEASE REFER
  • I am seeking investor friendly title companies in the Dallas Area – PLEASE REFER

I am extremely happy that a community such as Bigger Pockets has been created, it has helped tremendously in gathering some great nuggets and making great connections!!

I am looking forward to connecting with other investors, rehabbers, agents, etc in the Dallas Area.

Thanks,

User Stats

Votes
Steven C. Suarez
  • Hurst, TX
Votes |
  • Hurst, TX
Replied Jan 11 2017, 16:14

Michaela Church welcome aboard! I'm new too. What part of Dallas do you look to invest in?

User Stats

Votes
Michaela Church
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jan 12 2017, 02:16

HI Steven,

I currently have a project going in Garland, but looking to go to other areas of DFW.  How about you?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Steven C. Suarez
  • Hurst, TX
Votes |
  • Hurst, TX
Replied Jan 13 2017, 08:44

I'm in Hurst and I have a rental house in Arlington. I'd like to stay around the mid-cities but prices are really high over here! I'd be interested in investing in Dallas, though I don't know much about that area. It might as well be on the other side of the planet am I right?! Lol

User Stats

Votes
Andy Webb
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Carrollton, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Carrollton, TX
Replied Jan 13 2017, 20:26

South of Dallas is great - we have a couple in DeSoto and are going to look at another one Sunday.  Always looking for deals out that way.  Prices tend to be lower and they rent great.

Andy

Highland Properties Logo

User Stats

Votes
John Mathewson
  • Developer
  • Hobart, IN
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Hobart, IN
Replied Jan 13 2017, 20:49

@Michaela Church Welcome to the site! You are at the right place to network and find exactly who you are looking for. Stay active on here and keep networking. Please let me know if i can help at all. 

User Stats

Votes
Michaela Church
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jan 14 2017, 13:37

@Steven C. Suarez - Hi Steven, what Ive found about working in the Garland & Carrollton areas is that you have to find the deal that fits your skills set.  Being that I am a newbie - i'm not trying to over extend myself in extensive flips.  

Right now I'm looking for more private money lenders.

User Stats

Votes
Michaela Church
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jan 14 2017, 13:38

@John Mathewson - Do you have any private money lenders that you work with? I'm looking for private money versus hard money lenders?

Which have you had more success with?

User Stats

Votes
Andy Webb
Pro Member
  • Carrollton, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Carrollton, TX
Replied Jan 14 2017, 13:59

@Michaela Church - so far we have worked exclusively with hard-money lenders.  We are using Investmark Mortgage at the moment and were using Secured Freedom Lending before that.  Both are great companies that I would highly recommend.  The owners have deep knowledge of the market and are a great resource.

Get out to as many networking events as you can to find private lenders, and tell as many people as you can in your circles that you are looking for private cash and can offer a rate above their current yield. 

There is a monthly networking event that I would recommend, put on by DFW Investors at the Addison Convention Center.  Next one is the evening of February 13th.  You can connect with a lot of folks there.

Andy

Highland Properties Logo

User Stats

Votes
Michaela Church
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jan 14 2017, 18:20

@Andy Webb - Thank you so much for the information.  I will absolutely be at the DFW Investor networking event on February 13th.

Thanks also for the information on the hard money lenders that you are using.

Best,

Michaela

User Stats

Votes
Gary Annunziato
  • Contractor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jan 18 2017, 06:51

Hi Michaela,

I am a contractor working mostly with investors who buy, rehab, and flip. I work with a group of investors in Dallas that buys, and rehabs 1-2 house per month. My prices are tailored to investors. Let me know if you need my services, and if you'd like to see one of our properties in progress.

regards,

Gary

User Stats

Votes
Michaela Church
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jan 23 2017, 23:19

Hi @Gary Annunziato,

Yes, I would LOVE to see one of the properties that you are currently working on!!

Please send pics here or direct message me.

I would love to use you in the future also!!

Thanks

Michaela 

User Stats

Votes
Lauren Lockett
  • Investor
  • Arlington, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Arlington, TX
Replied Jan 23 2017, 23:26

@Michaela Church Welcome to BP Michaela! I have a friend who just entered the real estate agent arena. She works for a smaller company and really caters to her clients. Her name is Veronica. I will send her info over via message! I see you've worked on a few projects so can't wait to hear from you again and keep us updated!