• Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
Newbie in SF California : Investing in Costa Rica / Out of State

Alex Washburn
  • Investor
  • Chattanooga, TN
Posted Jun 17 2017, 08:36

Hello BP!

My name is Alex Washburn and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area (born and raised) and I made the decision with my fiancé in November 2016 to get into real estate. I want to make a plan for my retirement and future financial freedom because I realize the path of working for one company for 20+ years and retiring like my parents did will not exist for me.

I quickly realized how soul crushing this market would be for a newbie so I thought long and hard about what my assets are and where I could leverage an advantage over other investors and I realized I could make moves in Latin America other people couldn’t or wouldn’t.

Our goal is start domestically with fix and flips we can trade up to large apartment buildings while developing a portfolio of vacation rentals in Latin America.

I joined Bigger Pockets after I took a buying trip to Costa Rica and made an offer on a condo there and I have since been really excited about all the information this company generates.

I’d really love to connect with people who invested in foreign countries (especially Latin America) or perhaps get book recommendations or start a meet up in the Bay Area for people who are interested in similar.

See you around the forums!

Loading replies...