Votes
Julie Rhodes
  • Westminster, CO
Votes |
Newbies from Denver Metro, CO

Julie Rhodes
  • Westminster, CO
Posted Jul 5 2017, 14:01

Hello BP community!  We are Julie and Jason Rhodes, a married newbie team from Westminster, Colorado that are starting a journey towards financial freedom through real estate investing.  We are both from Texas - Jason is from the Midland/Odessa area and I'm from Dallas, but we moved to Westminster for my job about 2 months ago.  We are both in the craft beer industry, which is very fitting for CO, but are looking to retire early with real estate within 10-15 years.  We have two boys, 5 and 3, two dogs, a cat and a free range box turtle that resides in our backyard.  We love baseball, being outdoors and traveling.  For all these reasons, we are jumping into the world of real estate investing to create additional streams of cash flow that will eventually lead to us quitting our day jobs.

We have some very specific goals in mind, but the short version is that we want to focus on the BRRRR method of buy and hold properties. This of course might change later as we progress with experience, but that is our main focus to get started. Most of our funds are tied up in childcare or paying down consumer debt, so we have little to no money to begin, but we can offer a lot of determination, some real estate experience, and some specific skill sets that might compliment a partnership situation. Our real estate experience is limited, but there is some - maybe not total newbies, but sophomore level. We have owned and sold 2 SFR's together, managed one cash flowing SFR for about 3 years together, I've flipped two homes with my parents who used to be brokers in multiple states and have owned many investment properties over the years, Jason was a plumber for 3 years and is currently getting certified to become a home inspector, I used to help manage a boutique residential brokerage in Chicago after college (I have a BA in Marketing), and I almost got my agent's license in Texas, but never took the exam due to a change in career. My current day job also allows me to work from home a few days per week, so it's easy for me to fit in some deal analysis, lead hunts, data entry, education, phone calls, etc.

We found BP through my obsession with podcasts, while trying to learn more about personal finance and how to invest for our future.  We are devouring all the podcast episodes and reading/listening to books at the speed of light.  A local meet up group is our next plan of action, to begin the process of building our network.  We both really look forward to meeting other BP members online or in person, and possibly working with some of you as well!

Loading replies...