Votes
Lisa Valdez
  • topeka, KS
Votes |
Newbie in Topeka, Kansas

Lisa Valdez
  • topeka, KS
Posted Aug 18 2017, 14:26

I am completely new to real estate. I've moved around alot over my life, so I do have a good idea from a tenants point of view. I've also found it handy to be able to do some minor handy man type of things around a house and am not afraid to seek out information about how to do improvements on my own or looking for someone who can fix things or even replace things that I can not. I'm honestly not afraid to put in some work and time. Ideally, I'd like to be able own and rent out properties as an income. I'd like to learn from someone whose already working in the field, I tend to learn better by seeing and actually doing the work. I am planning on teaching what I learn to my children, who will be helping me as needed. I came across Bigger Pockets doing research into real estate investing and am checking out the subjects provided, but then again, that's all written, and while that is great and will give me an understanding of things, I'm still in the end one of those learn by doing kind of people and right now all this information is a bit daunting. Any advice or suggestions would be very appreciated. 

Loading replies...