Hi from a silent member - long time due.

16 Replies

Hi my fellow BP members!

Like many others, I lurked on the forums for almost a year and listened to almost all of the podcasts episodes (during my long work commute in bay area CA).  I naturally felt this urge to introduce my self just to thank each and every one of you for being such a invaluable resource in my journey towards financial independence. 

Like many other CA residents, I am looking to invest in out of state rental properties and currently looking at Kansas city and Alabama (Huntsville & Birmingham). I have been talking to couple of Turnkey providers but still in the research phase.   I am also looking at crowdfundin real estate sites which really excite me just for the fact that it gives so much risk diversification opportunities. Hoping to not get into analysis paralysis and I am planning to pull the trigger on buyin a rental property sooner.

I would love to connect with folks who are interested in Alabama (Huntsville & Birmingham) market and see if we can be mutually beneficial or just have a chat.

Thanks once again to each and every one of the members for giving this power of knowledge to amateurs like me. God bless you all.

-Gorden

Welcome! You’ve found a great community for real estate investing. I am actively looking at the Huntsville AL market as well, though mostly in the multifamily arena. When I researched crowdfunding a couple years ago I was not impressed with the offerings, which tended to just look like private lending at reduced rates. I’ve heard some folks have success with it but it is too much control to give up for my goals.

Originally posted by @Gorden Lopes :

Hi my fellow BP members!

Like many others, I lurked on the forums for almost a year and listened to almost all of the podcasts episodes (during my long work commute in bay area CA).  I naturally felt this urge to introduce my self just to thank each and every one of you for being such a invaluable resource in my journey towards financial independence. 

Like many other CA residents, I am looking to invest in out of state rental properties and currently looking at Kansas city and Alabama (Huntsville & Birmingham). I have been talking to couple of Turnkey providers but still in the research phase.   I am also looking at crowdfundin real estate sites which really excite me just for the fact that it gives so much risk diversification opportunities. Hoping to not get into analysis paralysis and I am planning to pull the trigger on buyin a rental property sooner.

I would love to connect with folks who are interested in Alabama (Huntsville & Birmingham) market and see if we can be mutually beneficial or just have a chat.

Thanks once again to each and every one of the members for giving this power of knowledge to amateurs like me. God bless you all.

-Gorden

Welcome to BP! This is a great place to get started! Best of luck to you!

Hi my fellow BP members!

-Gorden

Welcome to the site Gorden.

@Gorden Lopes I invest directly in rental properties and also in CF .  I have written extensively about my investments in a particular CF company here on BP in my blog series.  It takes some patience to read as it is in 4 parts tracking my investments and progress over more than 2 years.  It starts with Have I Found the Holy Grail of Passive Real Estate Investing?

@Larry Fried Great articles!

Can you please pm me the name of the company? I see many people have requested that in the comment section. Would love to dig deeper in this.

Sure Gorden.  I sent you a PM/colleague request.

Originally posted by @Karthi Veer :

@Larry Fried I read your articles on holy grail of passive investing. Could you please send me the name of the company. Thanks.

I made a connection request.

Hi Karthi,

I didn't receive your colleague request, but sent one to you, along with the info you requested.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you