Newbie from Dayton, OH/Covington, LA

6 Replies

Hi everyone

My name is Jonathan Robichaud, and I am new to real estate investing. I grew up in Canada and now live with my wife in Dayton, OH. She grew up in the greater New Orleans area, and we therefore still have a lot of family in this area. I am a dedicated and passionate mechanical engineer. I love what I do for a living.

Now why real estate investing? I see a lot of potential in real estate investing. My goal is to create some passive income for myself, my love ones, and whoever partners with me on real estate ventures. I think I have what it takes to make it work.

Please feel to reach out to me. I am actively looking into getting my first investment property in Covington/Mandeville, LA. I want to hear your advice and recommendations.

Hi Jonathan. Welcome to BP. If you haven't already found it, my husband and I host a networking meetup in Fairborn on the second of Monday each month (so, 2 days from now). Lots of energy in the room with 70+ investors of all experience levels. No speakers, no agenda - just networking. It's posted on here in the local forum for Dayton, or PM me and I can shoot over the details.

Welcome to the new world of investing. Like @Christina Carey said, you should definitely come out Monday night. It’s a good time and a great place to get connected and do deals. I’ll be there so if you want to talk shop over an adult beverage find me and introduce yourself 

Awesome. I look forward to seeing u there... I’ll be the guy in the hat (it’s a standing joke at the meetings - you’ll understand if you show up lol)

Hey Jonathan, 

Welcome to BP. I am born in raised in the New Orleans Metro area and would love to help out with your search in the Covington/Mandeville area. I am actively looking as well and have some great realtor connections there. I sent you a connection request, and feel free to message me with any questions. 

Thanks 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you