Votes
Tim Rogerson
  • Auburn, WA
Votes |
New in Seattle/Spokane

Tim Rogerson
  • Auburn, WA
Posted Jun 5 2018, 13:10
Hi BP My name is Tim Rogerson and I am a 52 year old newbie.... I live near Seattle Washington and started working for The Boeing company right after my 20th birthday. I have always been interested in the stock market and real estate. I bought my first house when I was 26 years old but never made it past just owning a home to live in. I had more of a passion for the stock market through the 1990s and then started raising kids. I decided 2018 would be the year I would take the next step into real estate. My daughter has just graduated from college on the other side of the state and as I talked with her about doing this she became very interested. We started reading several books and one of them was Brandon’s rental property investing. That lead us to BiggerPockets and the decision to try the buy and hold small rental property strategy. We tried several offers on the west side of the state without much luck so my daughter thought she would try a house hack on the east side of the state. We found a duplex in Spokane Valley that needs some work and we should be closing in a couple of weeks. Hopefully if we priced this out right we should be able to find one more place to buy this year. I have lots of questions and enjoy seeing how helpful the BP community is. Tim

Loading replies...