How to scrape Zillow or craigslist

4 Replies

Hi Everyone. 

I am a REI in the Twin cities, Mn area. New to this forum and excit d to connect with like minded individuals. I just listened to Paul Thompson speak and heard him say "scrappying" from Zillow and Craigslist's. What is scrapping? Thanks everyone.

Usually this refers to extracting information from the website. Often using software scripts but can also refer to using a manual process (say using a VA to create a spreadsheet). Once in a spreadsheet or database you can run data analysis to your heart’s content,

@Thomas Peddle is there an easy diy way to scrape Craigslist without being too tech savy? Or do you know of any service that can set this up for me?

I am new to Wholesaling and looking for new resources to find specific properties quick and consistently.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you