New to BP and Just Moved to the DFW Area

5 Replies

Hey B.P!!!

My name is Jay McCreary I am new to Bigger Pockets and just recently moved to the DFW area last week from  Richmond, Va. My amazing girlfriend has been lucky enough to take an associate pastor position at a church in Richardson, TX. We are both very excited for the opportunities that lay ahead for us. 

I am new to BP and the area and I would love to connect with other like minded individuals. I know DFW area is a huge hotspot for RE and I would love to learn and grow and find other investors who are also striving for financial freedom like us! 

What are some good meet up's in the area? What are other recommendations to check out in the area as well? I look forward to everyone's responses. . 

Welcome aboard to BP and Richardson! I've lived here for about 20 years and know the area. Property prices have risen a lot in the last 5 years. Not a lot comes up in Richardson off MLS. Great area for Buy and Hold if you can find dig up the deal. I'm new to BP and I'm also looking for a local meetup. Hunting for single and multifamily in the area. There are several REI groups in the area, but I have not attended yet. Sounds like we need to create an area BP Group.

Hey @Jay McCreary ,

Welcome the BP and Richardson! I'm new to BP as well and I live in the Dallas area. I am also looking for local meetups and REI groups to help me grow and learn to art of Real Estate Investing. If you know of any groups or REI groups point them my way and I will do the same.

@Steven J Mooney I'm looking for SFR and I'm down with creating an area BP Group.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you