• Richland, WA
Votes |
New Member from Richland, Washington

Dayne Winters
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Richland, WA
Posted Jul 8 2018, 13:28

What's going on BP Community?! My name is Dayne Winters and I live in the city of Richland in Washington State. I grew up working on rental properties for my family whenever they needed to be turned for the next renters or there was some type of problem with a unit. Growing up doing work on these rentals was not my idea of fun and I never really understood what the point of rentals were. Once I was almost through college I became more interested in rentals because of the passive income they produce. I worked as a Maintenance Tech for Essex Property Trust at The Highlands at Wynhaven apartment complex in Issaquah Washington for 2.5 years to learn how to tackle the problems that arise with rentals on a large scale, but not really knowing what my goals or vision was. I came across BiggerPockets in 2017 and it completely jump started my passion for Real Estate. It took a while to get the first property, but I am currently working on an H House (3 bed 1 bath with a basement) in Richland Washington that has a mother in law suite attached to it. If not for BP, I would have never thought to use the BRRRR strategy and House Hacking on this property and would have just thought of it as a lost cause because of the amount of work needed for the unit. However, after listening to the episodes on the podcast, I realized this was the perfect place for me. I am moving into the smaller unit, the mother in law suite, as a live in flip and renting out the main house once it is rehabbed. I am solely working in 2-4 unit multifamily properties, with a goal of having 6 units (12+ doors) by July 1, 2020. I hope to contribute as much to the BP Community as it has to me in such a short amount of time. It's great to see others with the same passion and drive for Real Estate!

Loading replies...