Newbie from Southlake, TX

15 Replies

Hello everyone! My name is Jason and I'm just getting started in real estate investment. I have been listening to the BP podcasts and reading real estate books for a few months. I want to learn more about buy-and-hold strategy for small multifamily properties and SFH. I'm currently looking for partners/mentors in the Dallas Fort Worth area to help me get started with this journey. Glad to be part of the BP community!

@Jason R. Welcome to BP. I suggest you start by educating yourself via podcasts, books and networking. You can find a ton of books and podcasts here on BP. In terms of networking, the events can be found via BP/Network/Events or through Meetup. By joining the local REI groups you will be able to surround with like-minded investors, wholesalers, attorneys and other RE professionals.

Best of luck!

@Jason R. Welcome to BP! I am sure I will bump into you at one of the networking events in Tarrant County. It is a pretty small tight knit group working the area. Pretty friendly group too! Ask questions and we will help you out. We all started somewhere and got help along the way.

Thank you, @Deep Johal. Yes, I’ve researched duplexes and triplexes in several DFW cities. 

Arlington, Grand Prairie, and Fort Worth seems to be good areas for investors. Thoughts?

@Jason R. Welcome fellow DFW-er! I second the suggestion to get involved in your local REI meetings. They are awesome and my husband and I learn so many things every time we go, as well as making great connections!

Welcome Jason.  DFW is a wonderful area and BP is a great site to get all of your questions answered.  When I started investing, BP is where I found a great mentor who helped me close my first 2 Wholesale deals.

Welcome Jason - I agree with the others in terms of getting involved in local REI groups. Many can be accessed via meetup.com and doing a local search on Facebook. Just search Real Estate Investor and you should find a ton in the area.

Welcome to the group. If you have any financing questions Hard Money or Conventional please feel free to reach out. We also host happy hours and basics in real estate investing events about every other month.  Reach out and I'll get you on the mailing list.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you