NEW TO BIGGER POCKETS FROM MARTINSBURG WV!

4 Replies

Hello Bigger Pockets Community! I joined a few weeks ago and have been busy figuring out how things work within the BP community. I figured it was time to tell everyone who I am, and what the heck I am doing here! 

I am a native of and still live in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. I work full time as a Realtor with Long & Foster Real Estate and am licensed in WV, VA, and MD. I have been a Realtor for the past 10 years. Before Real Estate sales I was in construction. My father was a general contractor and I worked for him and eventually was his business partner. I have built new homes, modular homes, multi family, commercial, flipped properties, and lots more in my construction career. I have been involved with real estate between construction and sales my entire life.

I have always had a passion for real estate, since I was a kid. It was one of my fathers passions also, and he always stressed that it was the best way to build wealth and security. Having a strong belief that you constantly have to learn I spend my free time reading, listening to podcasts and every other way that I can take in information. I found myself  listening to lots of different podcasts about real estate investing. In every podcast that I listened to I would hear them bring up bigger pockets. I had no clue what it was, but eventually I thought it would be a good idea to search and find it. Within minutes of finding the website and quickly looking around, reading a few posts and looking at everything the site had to offer, I called my wife over and said "Babe this is exactly what I have been looking for!" Her response was "Did you just have me walk over here to look at more of your silly real estate stuff" I guess I should mention that she doesn't have quite as much passion for real estate as I do! 

My goals for investing are to use the BRRR strategy, and a modified BRRR strategy (build, rent, refinance, repeat). I am starting out with a few single family properties to build some residual income and then will work my way into some multifamily. I currently own a rental property that I am rehabbing and also a few building lots that I am planning on building on in the next two years. I would like to make connections with like minded investors, and build a network of people that can give advice, and may need my advice. Hoping that I can give back as much to this community as I will receive.

Thanks for allowing me into your community! Aaron

Hey Aaron, 

It was great to meet you at our Berkeley County Real Estate investors meetup last week. I hope you found it worthwhile and made some great connections. Mike and I thank you for coming. Hope to see you at the next meeting. This is a great place to network as well. this is where I connected with Mike. Let's get together and have lunch some time. 

Bill

Bill, I really enjoyed the meetup. I have been telling everyone about it and am hoping to bring a few people with me over the next few meetings. This type of atmosphere is exactly what  I need to get me going. Let me know when your available for Lunch in the next few weeks! Thanks Aaron

Hello fellow mountaineer!!!!  Your gonna be killing it with the knowledge and experience your getting from being a realtor and working for your father. 

I also have been working construction gigs for about a year now.  I was actually in Maryland last week on vacation.  Martinsburg is about a 4 hour drive from where I live but if there is anyway I can help or be apart of your network just say the word.   Good luck!!!

Chaz Heasley

Thanks Chaz! My In Laws are from Clarksburg in Harrison County so I spend some time there every year visiting them. I had even considered investing in that area as my father in law would potentially partner with me. They are still a little ways from your, but not too far. If I can ever help you with something, let me know. Thanks! Aaron

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you