New-ish pro member from Indianapolis, IN

6 Replies

Hello BP!

I'm a (sort of) new pro member at BP living and interested in the Indianapolis market. I currently own a duplex that I am house hacking via short term rentals but am interested in investing in additional LTRs in the near future. As I dive deeper into research and action I am sure I will have more posts here in the forum. Excited to be here and eager to make new connections! 

Anna

Hello Anna, 

I am (for sure) a new Pro member and although I am not in the Indianapolis market I am always looking to learn from those from all over.  I did see you had posted a question about working a refi and a second loan at the same time. I have zero advice for that question but I am looking forward to seeing what advice other give. There is plenty of research to be had on BP so you came to the right place.

Good luck in your REI journey and hope to hear many success stories from you moving forward!

Good morning @Anna Bielawski - well it is obvious that you’re on the right track. You understand house hacking and it looks like you’re taking full advantage of the webinars and more importantly the calculators. Getting the math right is crucial to making a successful deal. 

I also recommend the podcasts, guides and books found on BP, and looking into finding a local REI group in your area. You can find them on this site or the Meetup app. This helps you network with like minded folks in your city. I've heard great things about Indy.

Regarding your other post on two loans my experience has been it varies. Typically, with traditional loans, lenders will want you to close one before starting the second. If you use the same lender they may have some flexibility. Also, if you go with hard money, private capital, and/or seller financing you might have fewer obstacles. But I’m sure some lenders will start replying to that post soon. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. And don’t forget to tag anyone you respond to in a forum so they get the e-mail alert. Good luck to you!

Hi @Anna Bielawski !

I'd recommend you join CIREIA (Central Indiana Real Estate Investors Association). They're a good group of people and becoming a member will provide you with a wealth of resources, not to mention mentorship possibilities. Go to their website and see what you think. If you're interested in attending a meeting, let me know and I'll sign you in as my guest. Have a great week!

Welcome @Anna Bielawski ! You're way ahead of the curve if you're already in a house hack! If I started my REI journey over again today, I would house hack early and often.

Congrats on the great work and look forward to following your journey!

@Anna Bielawski   Welcome to BP!  I'm in the Indianapolis area as well and just getting started in the investing world (Realtor full-time).  Let me know if I can ever be of service, and I will second what @Melissa Bailey-Comstock relayed about CIREIA.  Lots of good people and knowledge to go around.  Best of luck!   

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you