I am New to Real Estate Investing..Looking for Mentor

9 Replies

Hi My name is Carra and I am new to the real estate investing world. I am looking for a little feedback or guidance. I am a serious investor and very determined and eager to get my first deal completed, but just need the guidance to make sure I am headed in the right direction. Please let me know if anyone is willing to work with me or meet with me and discuss opportunities.

Hi @Carra Stokes , welcome to BP. When asking for a mentor or guidance, it's important to determine what you can bring to the relationship. What kind of strategies are you looking to do? You said you want to get your first deal done, but is that deal a rehab? A wholesale deal? A buy and hold property? You should be specific about what kind of deal and what type of mentor you are seeking. And then offer something of value to the mentor. 

I would join my local REIA. You can find a wealthof info there and probably find a mentor. I also give educational videos on my Youtube channel: RLSProperties

Hi Carra, Welcome to the Investing World :) I would suggest some local meet ups those would be great to help get you started and great for networking purposes. Check Meetup.com Hobby Millionaire has a few each week. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you