New to bigger pockets

10 Replies

Hello everyone,

I am new to Bigger Pockets, and real estate investing. I have been listening to podcasts and reading the forums on multiple sites for the past month or 2,  this lead me to BP.  I would like to thank everyone for their time and all of the information here on BP, it is awesome. 

I Have 1 single family rental that was my primary residence.  I am now looking for out of state single family home rental properties . I have family in the Memphis area and I believe i will be starting there.m  I am also looking in other areas as well.  I have been thinking of buying a turn key for my first out of state rental,  to get my feet wet and learn the process.   I plan on purchasing the first rental by the end of the year (much sooner if i find one that the number works)   and a minimum of 2 next year.  (I have much bigger goals then that, but those are the realistic ones,so i don't seem like a dreamer).  I have already cleared the first hurdle and I am pre-appproved for a loan (the letter said approval, not qualified).    Now the search continues.  

Have a great weekend

Hello! @Kenny Lundgren

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent. There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I have other blogs that may be helpful here on BP in my personal blog that you can check out. Good Luck :)

Welcome Kenny! 

Memphis is a perennial market for Real Estate Investors, make sure you educate yourself first on the submarkets of town because it is a very street by street city!

How often do you visit your family in Memphis? 

Welcome to BP, just wanted to reach out like the other members did for me when I introduced myself. Memphis is a pretty good market to invest in, and you have boots on the ground out there which should make investing out of state relatively easier. I am about to close on my first rental property which is turnkey in Little Rock. I bought turnkey to get my feet wet and boost my confidence in a way. Now that I know this is actually something I can do I am going to start looking for deals myself. Good luck to you in the future!

@lenny lundgren Hello, I am fairly new as well to BP. I am also interested like you in investing in rental properties with a turnkey. I live and work out of  the country. I have been researching about top turnkey property companies. Have you been able to find out some of the top turnkey companies Memphis?  If so, do you mind sharing the info. I keep hearing good things about Memphis Invest. Have you heard of them?

Originally posted by @Kenny Lundgren :

Hello everyone,

I am new to Bigger Pockets, and real estate investing. I have been listening to podcasts and reading the forums on multiple sites for the past month or 2,  this lead me to BP.  I would like to thank everyone for their time and all of the information here on BP, it is awesome. 

I Have 1 single family rental that was my primary residence.  I am now looking for out of state single family home rental properties . I have family in the Memphis area and I believe i will be starting there.m  I am also looking in other areas as well.  I have been thinking of buying a turn key for my first out of state rental,  to get my feet wet and learn the process.   I plan on purchasing the first rental by the end of the year (much sooner if i find one that the number works)   and a minimum of 2 next year.  (I have much bigger goals then that, but those are the realistic ones,so i don't seem like a dreamer).  I have already cleared the first hurdle and I am pre-appproved for a loan (the letter said approval, not qualified).    Now the search continues.  

Have a great weekend

Welcome to the site Kenny.

Eder Aldana - Thank you for the welcome and congratulations on your new property

Yusef Griffin - Thank you and congratulations on your new property,  Little Rock was another area of                              interest but i decided on Memphis for now.  I plan on expanding to more areas later on.

Darrell Traylor - I have talked to a couple people opn the phone have havent settled on a property yet.

James Wise - Thank you for the welcome

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you