Votes
William Harnden
  • Garrett, IN
Votes |
New to BiggerPockets and excited to be here

William Harnden
  • Garrett, IN
Posted Nov 17 2018, 17:28

Hello BiggerPockets family, I'm officially a new member and excited to be here. I'm a soon to be investor living in North East Indiana and would love to get in touch with other investors in my area or even just anyone willing to give advice. My biggest interest right now is owning rental properties and flipping. I'm on that journey that I'm sure many others here are on to one day find financial freedom. Looking forward to meeting everyone, and learning whatever I can.

User Stats

Votes
George Blower
  • Retirement Accounts Attorney
  • Southfield, MI
Votes |
  • Retirement Accounts Attorney
  • Southfield, MI
Replied Nov 17 2018, 20:43

@William Harnden

Welcome to BP.

User Stats

Votes
Dawn Brenengen
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Raleigh, NC
ModeratorReplied Nov 18 2018, 15:32

@William Harnden Welcome to Bigger Pockets!  Set up some keywords for your area and check for local meetups. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Brandon L.#4 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Falls Church
Votes |
Brandon L.#4 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Falls Church
Replied Nov 19 2018, 08:54

Hello! @William Harnden

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent.

There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

User Stats

Votes
William Harnden
  • Garrett, IN
Votes |
  • Garrett, IN
Replied Nov 25 2018, 20:08
@Brandon L. Thank you so much for all the info to help me get started, it is very much appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
William Harnden
  • Garrett, IN
Votes |
  • Garrett, IN
Replied Nov 25 2018, 20:09
@Dawn Brenengen ok thank you for the tip.