New Member Introduction

5 Replies

Hi everyone,

Though my name appears to be Ghith, I go by Jace. I am 24 years old and new to real estate. I am originally from Syria and live in Houston, TX near the Galleria area. I am very passionate about real estate and would love to dedicate my efforts and time into it. I have been reading BP's ultimate beginner's guide and have been educating myself about it. Though I am still not sure what best to focus on, I am inclined more towards investing in multi-family properties and use the buy&hold strategies. I would love to be involved with this community.

I would love for someone to tell me who I can consult about my current financial situation and real estate deals.

Thank you

Welcome to BP @Ghith Alrestom - it’s good to have you here. You live in a good market and even Texas is generally a good state for finding profitable deals. 

Going multi-family buy and hold is a good choice for scaling fast. Finding a particular target like that to focus on in the beginning is important. You can always branch out to other areas of REI (wholesaling, flipping, etc) later if you want.

Who to consult? You can find folks on BP willing to answer questions, review deals, and otherwise help. You can also use this site (and the Meet Up app) to find a local REI group. That will help build your local connections.

In the meantime dig into the podcasts, webinars, books, blogs, and forums. Get good with the “math” by using the calculators so you can identify a good deal. PRO members get unlimited use of the calculators.

In the forums don’t forget to tag someone by username with the “@“ symbol if you want a response. Doing that will trigger an e-mail to them so know to return to the forum.

Good luck as you get started!

@Ghith Alrestom

Welcome! Take advantage of networking with likeminded people at a local real estate meet up. Check out the events tab under "Network" at the top of the page to locate meet ups near you. Great way to meet people and get educated!

Hi Jace, @Ghith Alrestom , come to our monthly meetup in the Galleria area. We have a speaker every month that has been in the REI game and share's their tips, tricks, and strategies. Everyone from Private Money lenders to Mega-Wholesalers (this coming speaker) has or will be speaking. It's a great way to network and find guidance as well.

Look forward to seeing you around the BP Community.

Best,

Hey Jace, welcome to the community! Feel free to call me whenever you get a chance and we could talk some more about your financial situation and some different strategies like the BRRRR strategy that could help you get started and gain some real world experience with relatively low risk.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you