From NASA Cyber Engineer to Investor - Huntsville

16 Replies

Hello BP Nation! My name is Kevin Cedeño. I live in the Huntsville, AL area, originally from South Florida. I’m new to Real Estate investments, although not new to home ownership.

I am a Cybersecurity and Risk Management engineer by trade. Among others things, I have worked at NASA and currently consult for Missile Defense and DoD industrial base.

I’d like to invest in the local community since I know it’s a pretty awesome place to live, work and play. I’m building a team and systems in place for long-term investments in the North Alabama area, and potentially in select places in central and west Florida (I still have long term interests there).

Short term, I will be concentrating on rental properties, and eventually would like to expand into commercial spaces.

I’m definitely open to networking and collaborating.

@Kevin Cedeno

Welcome to BP!  

My partners and I are active in the area and I'd be happy to connect and assist with any questions you may have.

There is a wealth of knowledge available via the search function above as well.

Happy connecting,

Kiley

@Kevin Cedeno , greetings and welcome aboard.  I'm here in Huntsville as well.  You said "Missile Defense"....I'm assuming you're at MDA?  I work on the foreign military sales side of the house over at USASAC.

What avenue of investing are you in/considering?

Hey @Shawn Costley , yes Sir, I'm at MDA. Is my understanding you guys at USASAC bring in the $$$. Is that right?

I'm concentrating on building a healthy local portfolio buying, fixing and holding long-term.  Eventually, I'd like to expand into the Tampa and Orlando areas.

Originally posted by @Shawn Costley :

@Kevin Cedeno , greetings and welcome aboard.  I'm here in Huntsville as well.  You said "Missile Defense"....I'm assuming you're at MDA?  I work on the foreign military sales side of the house over at USASAC.

What avenue of investing are you in/considering?

Do we really have a base on the far side of the moon?

Originally posted by @Kevin Cedeno :

Hey @Shawn Costley , yes Sir, I'm at MDA. Is my understanding you guys at USASAC bring in the $$$. Is that right?

I'm concentrating on building a healthy local portfolio buying, fixing and holding long-term.  Eventually, I'd like to expand into the Tampa and Orlando areas.

Hey Kevin! I am an aspiring real estate investor as well who works for MDA! Lets meet up and have a chat. We might be in the same building 

Originally posted by @Vernon Trice III :

Hey Kevin! I am an aspiring real estate investor as well who works for MDA! Lets meet up and have a chat. We might be in the same building 

Sure man! We probably are. PM me and we'll get together for lunch.

@Kevin Cedeno

Welcome Kevin. Huntsville is absolutely awesome. I saw you mention STR! I currently own 4 LTR 2 in S Huntsville and 2 in Madison. Ive been tossing around the idea of STR there also. We definitely should have lunch sometime and talk about strategy!

Originally posted by @Rhonda Blue :

@Kevin Cedeno

Welcome Kevin. Huntsville is absolutely awesome. I saw you mention STR! I currently own 4 LTR 2 in S Huntsville and 2 in Madison. Ive been tossing around the idea of STR there also. We definitely should have lunch sometime and talk about strategy!

Hey Rhonda how did you purchase your properties in Huntsville? and in what stage of your RE career did you buy them?

Originally posted by @Rhonda Blue :

@Kevin Cedeno

Awesome @Rhonda! Let me know if you are in the area and we'll get together for lunch.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you