• Rental Property Investor
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
Beginner investor from San Jose, CA

Kenny Schumacher
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Jose, CA
Posted Aug 7 2019, 01:52

Hey everyone, my name is Kenny Schumacher and I'm a new investor living in San Jose, CA. I purchased my first residential rental property in Huntsville, AL in May 2019, which was initiated after meeting an investor during jury duty (funny story).

I'm 25 years old and graduated from Loyola Marymount University, with degrees in accounting and finance. I interned my junior year summer at a public accounting firm, which helped me finalize my decision that accounting (as well as having a "real job") wasn't for me. Instead, I pursued entrepreneurship, started some businesses, sold one, and am managing a few others.

Due to work, I don't have too much free time. But when I'm not working, I love staying active and exercising, exploring food spots, anime, and abusing AMC's A-List.

The idea of passive income, as well as making your money work for you through investing, really excites me. As it's difficult to find a positive cash flowing property in most of California, I decided to look elsewhere, and stumbled upon Huntsville by chance. I was fortunate enough to find a good realtor and property management company, and am planning on purchasing additional properties in the near term future. Should things settle down a bit and I get more time, I'd love to explore flipping too.

The easiest solution would be to continue investing in Huntsville, as everything is already setup for me there. However I would like to explore other cash flow generating opportunities (maybe Cleveland, OH?). A friend who started investing in real estate around the same time as me referred me to BiggerPockets, and it looks like a great community that I would love to be a part of!

Thanks for your time, and I'm looking forward to connecting with you all!

Loading replies...