23 year old getting started

4 Replies

Hello my Name is Dale Spears and I am new to real estate and being a bigger pockets member. I was introduced to real estate by a boss of mine at work a couple months back and ever since then have not stopped listening to podcast or reading books (most notable rich dad poor dad). Since then I have come up with my goals and a plan to reach those goals and I would love to hear some advice from others out there that are excited about sharing there experiences and knowledge. Thanks and I can't wait to hear from you!!

@DC Spears welcome and congrats for getting started in real estate! The podcasts are obviously a great way to get started acquiring a base of knowledge. See if you can find a few local meetup groups where you can meet like minded people. You can find some here on BP under the "networking" tab. I would also recommend that you focus on rentals, especially if you can owner occupy and take advantage of the house hacking strategy. 

Congrats on diving in man! 

I am 21 years old. Diving in early is the best decision to make.

I have learned a ton through local meetups and networking on BP.  There is so much (FREE) knowledge available.  Meet people in the game already.

I am working on my first house hack.  That is were everyone has told me to start and is the most logical option for people our age. You are in a good spot!!

I'm 21 years old and i'm about to relocate to the greater DMV area, I've been listening to the BP Podcasts for the last month and it's been an amazing experience. My next focuses are getting out of my comfort zone and introducing myself to people who can potentially be a mentor, or a hard money lender or someone who can provide me private financing. I've been reading a ton of books and I ant wait to use all the slang and vocabulary that I've read form these books to be able to have conversations with people who's been in the game for years

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you