• Investor
  • Rocklin, CA
Votes |
Newbie Introduction - Military Investor

Andrew Keeler
  • Investor
  • Rocklin, CA
Posted Sep 21 2019, 18:47

Hello everyone, I’m Andrew and I am new to the world of real estate rental investing. Just some basics to set the stage. I am an active duty military member with 14 years of service. I am relocating to the greater Sacramento area for my last duty station until I retire in 6 years (from the military, not forever). With that being said I have become increasingly concerned about post military life and creating some passive income, enter real estate investing.

In the short term I am buying a home in Rocklin, Ca for my family to live in for the next several years. My realtor knows, and is on board, with this property needing to be appealing to the rental market and at the right price point for future growth. I am also reading everything I can get my hands on such as Rich Dad Poor Dad, How to Win Friends and Influence People as well as several titles from Bigger Pockets in an effort to learn as much as possible about business and real estate.

My goals, as they stand now, are to get this home I am buying now with it having strong potential for being a cash positive property in the future. Secondly, I am hoping to acquire my first multi-family home in the next year. I plan to take it slow but steady and see how I can use the military benefits to help me start a portfolio of properties. I will continue to refine my goals as I get a little more idea of what I am doing.

I am excited to learn from everyone on here and share stories!

-Andrew

Loading replies...