• Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago
Votes |
Experiencing a few bump and bruises

Dione Branch
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago
Posted Oct 16 2019, 17:58

Hello,  my name is Dione Branch.   I am a Realtor and Investor in Chicago.   I've been working with multiple investors and felt it was now time to start myself.  The first property we ( my family and I)  purchased was a hud home with a 203K Loan.   We interview a few general contractors but decided to go with a contractor that another agent works closely with.  We thought it was a good referral.  We purchase the property in January.  In April, I called to ask why we had not started.  Of course, he started right away, took down some money and then stopped.  I asked again 3 months later, what happening.  He then began again, did just enough work to pull another draw and just like that he was gone again.   This continued another time.   I finally had enough.  We fired him in August.   Now I have a building with two permits and no General Contractor.  The other general contractors do not want to take on his work.  What should I do to get this project completed?  The contractors that come say cosmetics are only left.  

Loading replies...