Newbie from NY - but have family outside Orlando and Detroit

6 Replies

Newbie - wanting financial freedom like all of us. I commute into NYC during the week - have a family home just outside Orlando, Florida, and originally from 20 mins outside Northwest Detroit. I'm in Detroit and Orlando quite a bit - and looking to start my journey in those markets as I believe where I live just does not make sense.

I'm exciting for this journey and could use all the help this warm community can give me.

I'm a hard worker - and looking to make a change in my life, my family's financial life.

Let's do this!

@Brad Holcman congrats on deciding to take your life and financial future into your own hands! When starting out, it's crucial to keep your costs low and start with an immediate cash flowing property. As you may know with your past experience in Detroit, you can get a tenant occupied property for pennies compared to some of these other markets. Feel free to message me to talk numbers of what you can expect!

@Brad Holcman Welcome! I ama realtor and rental property investor here in Orlando. Feel free to reach out and connect with me if you ever have any questions about the area or want to hear about my experience. 

Orlando is a great market to invest in. We have some of the strongest rents, appreciation, and growth of the population in the entire country. With that being said, you will make better cash on cash return in Detroit, but you will have a much better appreciation and demand in Orlando. If you would like to discuss in further detail, please send me a PM.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here