Pro Member
Votes |
When should i fire my contractor?

Kathiuska Ramirez
Pro Member
Posted Nov 19 2019, 05:20

Morning To All,

Need your advice.  

I started renovations on Oct 14th for a multi family property in Baltimore, MD.  I decided to sub contract and not use a GC.  I have done this before and its worked out fine and saved a lot money.  Out of the 4 workers, which is what I am paying for, there is one that has taken the lead, therefore, I go to him for any and all updates.  Lately, he has not been coming to the site.  He is working on another job in Potomac MD and spending less time on my project, though he drops off the other 2 workers and picks them up in the afternoon.  I have already spoken to him about having 4 workers on site as that is what i am paying for and also how he needed to be there as well.  

Yesterday, the electrician called me saying they couldn't work on the electrical as the sheetrock was up on of the bathrooms.... this was the icing on the cake!   I had specifically told him and texted him not to put up any sheetrock as the inspector was coming and the electrician needed to finish up.  This caused delayed and money.   To top it off, he wasn't there either.  

I am getting frustrated with him and feel like I should let him go..... only him, not the other 2.  

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Loading replies...