Newbie BP Member from Columbia SC

6 Replies

What's up Bigger Pockets community!

I just wanted to create an intro post about who I am and my investing goals. I'm currently living in Irmo SC, just outside of Columbia and work as an over the road truck driver. I'm 28 and renting for cheap with few bills and don't yet have any experience in real estate. My current goal is to become financially independent (100k per year cash flow) by the time I'm 35.

I discovered real estate investing this year and have become obsessed with it.  My truck is my mobile classroom and I listen to the BP podcasts all day every day.  I'm looking to connect and create relationships that are mutually beneficial, ideally with others in my area.  

I'm excited to be here and look forward to connecting with y'all! 

Hi @Brad Metz welcome to Bigger Pockets! You came to the right place for real estate investing. On Bigger Pockets, you can real out to experienced real estate investors while getting deals done the right way.  Congratulations and I wish you nothing but success. You are not alone in your real estate ambition.  Feel free to message me with any questions.

@Brad Metz Welcome! I’m also a newer investor in Columbia.  What type of investment strategies are you pursuing?  Any particular types of properties you’re looking for?  Feel free to reach out if you have any questions  or want to bounce ideas off someone. 

I'd recommend the REI Live meetup hosted by @Andrew R. Lucas . I believe the next one is Tuesday Dec 17 at the Courtyard Marriott downtown USC 6-8pm. I’m sure Andrew will chime in with the page link. I’ll be there and it should be a good one. 

Good luck!

Thanks for the shout out @Brandon W. and of Course I'll attach the link:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/777291-rei-live-columbia-sc-meet-up

@Brad Metz you are in a great place in life and in a great market!  Your goal is lofty but attainable.  Columbia is on the brink of major expansion so getting in now is a great idea.  

You should definitely come to the meet up on the 17th.  You'll have the chance to meet plenty of experienced investors that can help guide you.  We also have an incredible speaker in Tom Krol (BP podcast episode #176).  Looking forward to meeting you soon. 

Thank you all for your responses! I can tell that there is a great community here, I appreciate y'all making me feel welcome.

@Brandon W. Ultimately I'm looking for long term multi-family rental properties and an occasional flip.  I'm planning to purchase a live in flip and a duplex in 2020 to start.  Thanks for reaching out!

@Andrew R. Lucas I wish I could make it to that meet-up! Unfortunately my work schedule makes it difficult for me to make it to events during the week, I will keep an eye out for future meet ups though and try to be there!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you