New investor in Pittsburgh, PA

3 Replies

Whats up BP community! let me introduce myself I'm a newbie who's been educating myself through books podcast etc. I am very eager to get started investing in SFHs and small Multi-Unit rental properties. I am located in the Pittsburgh, and is interested in investing in Pittsburgh or the surrounding areas. My goal is to build long-term wealth through equity while maintaining positive cash-flow. That being said I am looking to connect with an investor friendly agent in the area to funnel me deals that comes up.

I am also open to any advice anybody is willing is share being a newbie looking to start investing.

Right on. Welcome to BiggerPockets, @Jelani Williams . Continue the excellent work you've been doing by self-educating. It will pay off soon when you being investing in SFHs and multifamily. You'll be there in no time. 

Originally posted by @Jelani Williams :

Whats up BP community! let me introduce myself I’m a newbie who’s been educating myself through books podcast etc. I am very eager to get started investing in SFHs and small Multi-Unit rental properties. I am located in the Pittsburgh, and is interested in investing in Pittsburgh or the surrounding areas. My goal is to build long-term wealth through equity while maintaining positive cash-flow. That being said I am looking to connect with an investor friendly agent in the area to funnel me deals that comes up. 

I am also open to any advice anybody is willing is share being a newbie looking to start investing.

Welcome to the market! I tell everyone looking to get started to go to some meetups (when COVID starts to cool off and they come back in larger amounts) and find an investor doing what you want to do. Offer to help them with their business for free with whatever they need and then learn the business that way.

Before doing that keep doing what you're doing by educating yourself. Once you can speak the language (it's not really that complicated, but some people like to make it seem that way), it will be much easier to connect with others to get more help/guidance. That being said don't be afraid to ask questions. Doing that and just getting started by actually doing deals is the easiest way to learn. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you