• Rental Property Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Introduction: First Time Homebuyer in Cincinnati

Emily Weglage
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted Nov 18 2020, 14:24

Hey BP, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Emily, a 25 year old chemist who grew up in Beavercreek Ohio and moved to Cincinnati in 2013 for college. I've been renting for the last 6 years, going on 7 and I'm sick of flushing my money down the toilet! I've been listening to the podcasts for a couple months now, and been interested in real estate investing for a few years. 

My plan is to buy a multi family property to house hack, that needs some work but isn't a total nightmare. I currently live in Covedale, but I would love to buy a property on the East Side in a more affordable, up and coming area. I think I missed the chance to get into Oakley(wow that has grown enormously just in the last 3 years!), but somewhere around Evanston/Walnut Hills/ Madisonville/Norwood area still seems affordable.

I have a few questions overall and for people investing in Cincinnati;

1. My current lease is up in April 2021, when should I start contacting a real estate agent and seriously looking?

2. Do you have any realtors or contractors, handymen, etc. that you recommend for a first timer? 

3. How did you get your partner on board with buying a house? 

TLDR: First time homebuyer in Cincinnati, when should I start contacting realtors if I want to buy and renovate a multifamily property in Spring 2021? Do you have any local realtors that are investor friendly? Contractors?

Thank you, and please let me know if I can provide anything to you! I'm very eager to learn and have evenings and weekends free and am not afraid of getting my hands dirty to learn a new skill!

Loading replies...