Introduction - San Antonio, TX

6 Replies

Hi all,

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ricky Kopp I live in Garden Ridge, TX. My wife and I are looking to purchase our first rental property to get the ball rolling, as this is how we have decided to build for our future with us and our 1 year old twin daughters.

We have financing and our realtor lined up and ready to go, but definitely wanted to utilize the connections we could make here at Biggerpockets, and not just the listings we see on the MLS.

Looking forward to making some connections!

Hey @Richmond D Kopp !

Welcome to BiggerPockets! You have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. You can literally find answers to all of your questions within the confines of this site. What’s the best way to get started using BiggerPockets?

1.Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

2.Attend the FREE WEBINARS

3.Attend a Meetup in Your Area / virtual meet ups

4.Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

5.Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions! If you are consistent with learning real estate over the next 4-6 months, you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

Good luck,

Hey Ricky, Rick here. Have you heard that people dont like strangers?? Dont be a stranger. Post a pic so we can feel that we know you a little. Fill out your profile a little so that we know what line of work you are in. You dont have to fill it out as much as mine, but just the basics.

And about starting off with a realtor, that's kinda like wanting to get into the car business and going to Red McCombs and buying right off the lot. How much do they pay for a trade-in? But they mark it up to retail price. Even the rental car companies do not pay retail when they buy a new fleet of cars. Basically, what I am saying is that you can not pay retail and expect to sustain a business that way. 

@Richmond D Kopp Welcome! My wife and I have an investment property near you. 

Looks like you have done some good prep work getting things lined up. You are entering the market at an unprecedented time, where all the major cities in TX are being overrun with buyers. This, among other things is pushing a lot of people outward to the less populated areas. So buying is quite challenging right now, things are moving very fast and at high prices, often above list price.  

But still, even with the market the way it is, I would say to make offers and don’t be afraid of the unknown. Run the numbers and take action. Your first deal will teach you more than any person or group can. The sooner you get that first deal done, the better off you will be. 

I appreciate all the responses and tips.  I am working this week to update my profile as much as possible. Glad to know there is a good amount of you investing in my area!

Originally posted by @Richmond D Kopp :

Hi all,

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ricky Kopp I live in Garden Ridge, TX. My wife and I are looking to purchase our first rental property to get the ball rolling, as this is how we have decided to build for our future with us and our 1 year old twin daughters.

We have financing and our realtor lined up and ready to go, but definitely wanted to utilize the connections we could make here at Biggerpockets, and not just the listings we see on the MLS.

Looking forward to making some connections!

Richmond, glad you joined!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you