Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Florida Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback
Account Closed
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
FL MORTGAGE BROKER: recv call on 1.9m pur, Realtor Rebate or No?

Account Closed
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Apr 20 2018, 05:42

SCENARIO:

Borrower calls me from my website after doing an internet search on Stated Income ALT loan programs for Self Employed borrowers.  She located a 1.9m rental property on her own, without a Buyer's Agent, but has since contacted a Buyer's Agent who I don't know, that she was considering using to see the property and make an offer thru.

After talking with her, given her Reserve (liquid assets) situation, this 1.9m purchase is going to be very tight at a 75% LTV rental purchase loan she wants.

WHAT TO DO?

A.  Should I proceed with the Buyer's Agent she contacted, having to listen to them tell me how long they've been selling real and how experienced they are, etc.  Then, when I ask them for help with some Realtor Rebate to my borrower, have to hear the same lines I've heard over the years of..."I don't sacrifice my services"... "I've been selling real estate for 30 yrs and never had a Mortgage Broker ask me suck a thing, just who do you think you are? ..."How much of YOUR Broker commission are YOU giving up?"

B.  Should I refer her to one of my "Preferred" Rebate Realtor partners who are ready, willing and able to show the property, help negotiate my borrower's best deal AND who will offer my borrower the below Realtor Rebate?

$1,900,000

x 3%         Buyer Agent Points offered to ANY buyer agent  

$57,000 

-$9,000     my Rebate Realtor partner's compensation  

$48,000   Rebated to my Borrower/ Buyer

What to do, what to do? 

Three Questions to self:

1.  regardless if I had 6 months of time and effort invested in this borrower in advance, would that other realtor think twice about referring my borrower to their "preferred" lender?

2.  does this other realtor care about taking my income away from me as a Mortgage Broker?

3.  am I ever going to do business with this other realtor?

Loading replies...