Skip to content
Florida Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes

Anyone in Central Florida Tampa areas?

Posted May 12 2019, 13:54

Hello Everyone,

Brand new to BiggerPockets and REI in general but very eager to meet like minded people and am hungry to learn and get into it. I'm relatively new to Florida, having moved here from the NY/NJ area about a year and a half ago. I'm in Spring Hill, about 45 min. north of Tampa. Since I've started to seriously look into REI, I've watched literally hundreds of youtube videos and am devouring all the reading material I can get my hands on. I think I have accumulated a fairly decent grasp on the basic concepts, but the more I learn, the more questions I have and the more holes I see in my knowledge set, which admittedly translates to a healthy dose of skepticism. In all the videos I've watched and the books I've read, I'm fairly consistently left with the feeling that there always something that they're not mentioning. The numbers always look good in the books and videos, and I know that good REI practices can generate a good cash flow and, over time, can lead to wealth and financial freedom, but I always have that nagging "but what about X" moment that doesn't get addressed. I would love to find someone experienced and relatively local that I can take to coffee and pick their brains a bit who can address my concerns on the nuts and bolts of things.

Loading replies...