• North Augusta, SC
Votes |
Georgia RE Attorney Recommendations - Earnest Money dispute

Erin Church
  • Real Estate Agent
  • North Augusta, SC
Posted Jan 3 2018, 11:47

Hey Everyone,

I posted a while back about a possible earnest money dispute. Well, as it turns out, it looks like I'm going to need an attorney. Does anyone have a recommendation of an attorney that is willing to help with a $2000 earnest money dispute? The contract is for a property in Cherokee County, I'm in Fulton County, so ideally someone north of Atlanta, but I'm open to anyone willing to help with this. I'm finding that the attorneys do not want to mess with this since it's "small beans". 

The short version is the MLS, tax records, appraisal and seller said the property was 1acre. After the DD period, the seller's agent sent an amendment with an update to the property description showing it was 0.29 acres.

The seller signed the warranty deed when she purchased the property (with the current legal description) and signed the amendment of property description last month (so, the two times she's signed the legal description, with the latter going to the point to initial beside the 0.29 acres on the plat).  

The original closing date was missed because of going back and forth on price because what we thought we were buying isn't what we were buying. The agents made the deal work for me again (by pitching in some of their commission), but it was after the closing date. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

Loading replies...