I am working with a family in Kansas that owns a house together with an aging parent.  The house was titled and recorded as JTWROS as intended and required by the mortgage banker.  The aging parent unilaterally had an estate attorney change the deed to include their trust and not their individual name (as originally filed).  Is this allowed?  Can a single party unilaterally change the title/deed without permission of the other interested parties?  Shouldn't the estate planning attorney have advised the parent that they cannot change title but can put a TOD in place?

Any thoughts?