What's happening in Coffeyville, KS??

6 Replies

Has anyone even heard of this city, let alone own property there?  I have an opportunity that was presented to me, and I don't know anything about the area.  What are the pros and cons of this little town?  Would it make for a good fix and flip?  Rental?  Or is it going to be hard to turnover for either?

I've never lived there or owned property there but I've been there many times. It's like many small Kansas towns, they are a great place to live but not such a good place to invest in real estate. People tend to stay for a long time and so there is little turnover. Unless there is a major economic boom like a new business moving into town. If that is happening, your house should rent/ sell quickly.

Originally posted by @Eric Bishop :

I've never lived there or owned property there but I've been there many times. It's like many small Kansas towns, they are a great place to live but not such a good place to invest in real estate. People tend to stay for a long time and so there is little turnover. Unless there is a major economic boom like a new business moving into town. If that is happening, your house should rent/ sell quickly.

So you think it would be hard to get a tenant in there, and the property would sit?  What if I make it available for section 8?

@Cara Lonsdale Coffeyville is not an area I would invest in, especially remotely. They have lost a lot of their population and an Amazon warehouse closed a few years back as well as a few other businesses.

Originally posted by @Zach Quick :

@Cara Lonsdale Coffeyville is not an area I would invest in, especially remotely. They have lost a lot of their population and an Amazon warehouse closed a few years back as well as a few other businesses.

Good to know.  Thanks for the heads up!

@Cara Lonsdale Also, i think your management options are going to be really limited. And just to fly then drive there will cost you probably a whole year of cash flow at least.

@Cara Lonsdale I believe Paul Sandhu is an investor there and is pretty active on the forums. Might be worth reaching out to him. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.