• Wholesaler
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Reading

Thomas Jackson
  • Wholesaler
  • Houston, TX
Posted Feb 16 2014, 12:24

Hi everybody? My question to you is which should I read first? Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant or Rich Dad's Guide to Investing? Which do you think would be more beneficial to a wholeseller who want to be more?

User Stats

Votes
Shanequa J.
  • Realtor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Houston, TX
Replied Feb 16 2014, 22:05

@Thomas Jackson I read a lot of RE investing books, when I first started out. None of them are memorable so they prob wasn't that good. I'll most likely get bashed for this, but those books didn't help me much. If you want to wholesale, you should think like a flipper. I suggest you read JScott's "The Book on Flipping Houses". I've never wholesaled before, but decided to try it since I know what flippers look for in a deal.

User Stats

Votes
Thomas Jackson
  • Wholesaler
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Houston, TX
Replied Feb 18 2014, 16:55

I'm just trying to gain as much knowledge, ideas, insight as possible. I chooses to buy Rich Dad's Guide to Investing. @http://www.biggerpockets.com/users/bit1232 I'm going to have to give that book a read ASAP.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Duncan Taylor
  • Real Estate Investor
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
Replied Feb 18 2014, 16:56
Originally posted by @Thomas Jackson:
Hi everybody? My question to you is which should I read first? Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant or Rich Dad's Guide to Investing? Which do you think would be more beneficial to a wholeseller who want to be more?

I'd recommend "The Millionaire Next Door" and "The Millionaire Mind" instead of the Kiyosaki fiction.

User Stats

Votes
Thomas Jackson
  • Wholesaler
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Houston, TX
Replied Feb 18 2014, 17:27

Who are those two books written by and how do I correctly mention people?

User Stats

Votes
Duncan Taylor
  • Real Estate Investor
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
Replied Feb 18 2014, 18:18

Type the @ and then the first letter or two and the name should pop up in a window at the bottom of the box, pick the one you want and it will insert it.

@Thomas Jackson,

They are both written by Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D.